I have a 6505+ and I haven't had the opportunity to test a dual/triple rectifier? How does the rectifier series sound in comparison to 5150s?
Rectifier will basically give you more versatility, in terms of high gain they are both astounding.
i personaly like the 5150 more, it has better lows to me. as said befor the mesa would have more versatility
I like the Peavey. The Mesa's dont cut through in a live mix too well. They sound a bit fizzy and lack definition to me. Saying that I love the sound of them recorded but not live, They just dont work for me. With the Peavey on the other hand, I get aroused when I play through it ! lol, for me the 5150/6505 are the best sounding amps out there, suprisingly versatile compared to what you hear a lot of people say, I think thats more down to the player than the Amp.
Quote by burn the stars
i personaly like the 5150 more, it has better lows to me. as said befor the mesa would have more versatility

+1
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Mesa recto= flabby low end compared to the 6505.
6505 sounds...more brutal and has a 'better' tone IMO
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Rectifiers sound great for everything just about, but theres no reverb.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
I've owned a Recto, played a 6505 and heared both several times live together. The Peavey is more organic, has a more vital lead tone and is more aggressive sounding, while the Mesa is rather fizzy, flubby and sterile.
The Recto can have better cleans (preamp and guitar volume rolled down) and a really really nice mid-gain sound (pushed-mode).

You have to try them.
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
in all seriousness, this can be said about all mesas....
you really have to be a seasoned and experienced player to get what you want out of their amps, and you have to spend a long time with them adjusting and tweaking. but when you hit that sweet spot with a mesa, damn its good.

a good recto sound would be the band "gojira".
Well Enough Alone
Quote by guitardude11
a good recto sound would be the band "gojira".

They use 6505's...
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by guitardude11
i think they just started to use those live.
when i saw them live last february, they used straight up dual rec's. (maybe triple idr)
you can just tell in their recordings also, it is clearly a rectifier

watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIw1f9OXNo0&feature=related

I saw them in...April i think? 6505's
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace