hey dudes i was just wondering what the
send" and "return" inputs on my amp might me?

any help would be greatly apreciated

oh and also i was thinking it might have been for recording maybe?

thanks
They're for an effects loop.

Thats all i know, as i havn't ever used an effects pedal, or a decent amp =[
the send and return is for the effects loop, if you jack a cord out of the send jack and through some pedals and then back to the return those pedals will work beneath the amps ordinare controls, you can also use the send jack to plug in a recording device as you said.
Heres how it works, you have effects you want to appear beforethe preamp and those you want to appear after.
So you plug your guitar into the effects. Then from the last pedal that you want to appear before the amp, you plug into the regular input of your amp.
From the back of the amp, you connect the send to the next set of effects you want, from which you connect their output to the return of the amp so the final sound is amplified.

If you connect the send to the recordin input it will sound pretty crappy and thin.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
Heres how it works, you have effects you want to appear beforethe preamp and those you want to appear after.
So you plug your guitar into the effects. Then from the last pedal that you want to appear before the amp, you plug into the regular input of your amp.
From the back of the amp, you connect the send to the next set of effects you want, from which you connect their output to the return of the amp so the final sound is amplified.

If you connect the send to the recordin input it will sound pretty crappy and thin.

Yes. How your amp is wired is like this:

Preamp (Tone Controls, Drive Controls, etc) > Effects Loop > Power Amp

Use your effects loops for your madulation effects, delays, and stuff like that. What you don't want in there are OD/Distortions, Compressors, Wahs, and Whammys, as they don't sound very good as they are all post-EQ. Distortions and ODs you don't want to run in there as it sounds like crap, and I do believe its not good for your amp.
This is late, but in order to utilize the pedals I want before AND after the loop, I'll need to have 4 cables? Excluding patch cables?
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
yes. you need cable 1 from your guitar into your effects that are going into the input in the front of the amp then maybe a few patch leads then cable number 2 into the input. cable number 3 runs from the 'send' hole into the 'input' side of your effects (those you want in you effects loop) then cable number 4 runs back into the 'return' hole inthe back of the amp.

my seyup usually looks somthing like this.

Front of amp: Guitar>>Marshall Guvnor>>Arion stage tuner>>Amp

Back of amp: Send>>Boss CE-5>>Marshall Ecohead>>Boss GE-7>>Return
My Main Gear

Floyd Rose Redmond Series 4
Fender USA strat with Steve Morse Dimarzio pickups
Charvel 88 model (number 465 of 1000 made)
Yamaha pacifica
Peavey 6505+ head
marshall avt150 head
marshall cab
laney vc30 212 combo
There is another use to the send and return. A lot of amps have independent send and return volume controls. In other words, if you think the volume knob on the front of your amp is too sensitive, you could put a cable between the send and return. Voila, you now have 3 volume knobs instead of one.
WTLTL 2011