Page 1 of 2
(i sense great flaming in my future)

ive heard a few times that its bad to sleep in makeup, but as of yet ive not heard exactly why this is a bad idea.

does anyone know about this kind of thing?
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
Probably cause it smears and it's hard to get off? I dunno, I never really have much of a problem with it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
JOJ!

I never heard of this being a problem. Then I also don't wear makeup..

Hi sweety. Yeah, I dunno why it would be a problem. It might clog your pores a little bit more, but who cares? If you're already wearing make up, there's not much of a reason to care if your pores as clogged a little bit more.

And why would you ask a guitar forum at this time?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

wearing makeup in bed is bad for your skin, basically. during the night your skin heals itself - it rebuilds damaged patches, speeds up the recovery from spots etc. clogging it up with foundation is bad for it as it stops this process; it also makes people with naturally oily skin more prone to spots as it closes all the pores.

wearing lipstick in bed dries the skin on your lips and makes them chapped and sore; wearing eyemakeup has a similar effect around the eyes, making it more likely that you'll get more wrinkles, and earlier. it can also make your eyes puffy and red in the morning.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Hi sweety. Yeah, I dunno why it would be a problem. It might clog your pores a little bit more, but who cares? If you're already wearing make up, there's not much of a reason to care if your pores as clogged a little bit more.

you just called a guy sweety im sure :p
It's because your skin regenerates whilst you sleep.

If your face has make-up on it, then the skin can't do that, so when you wake up your skin will be really dull. A good wash and exfoliate will sort it out for the most part.

Plus, if you're like me and wear stupid amounts of black make-up, when you wake up you look like a swamp thing if you haven't washed it off before bed.
Quote by Steel357
are you a fag?

Excuse me, but I'd like to point out that I wear make up from time to time, as I have a habit of dressing in drag.

And I'd also like to point out that in your picture in your profile you are wearing a Saosin shirt.

Therefore, not only am I a million times cooler, smarter, and in general.. have better taste than you. I am still less of a girl than you, as they are a band for girls.

You fail.

Gtfo.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Excuse me, but I'd like to point out that I wear make up from time to time, as I have a habit of dressing in drag.

And I'd also like to point out that in your picture in your profile you are wearing a Saosin shirt.

Therefore, not only am I a million times cooler, smarter, and in general.. have better taste than you. I am still less of a girl than you, as they are a band for girls.

You fail.

Gtfo.

Saosin are a good band.

Also you cant complain that they are a band for girls when you wear clothes that are for girls
Last edited by NFFC_1865 at Nov 20, 2007,
Quote by guitaringsailor
noo don't wear make up ask some girls they might know

GF first turned me on to makeup, actually.

Quote by Originally Posted by Jack Off Jill

you just called a guy sweety im sure :p

yup :P

but uhh... i thought it might have something to do with having your skin (that is, dead, outer layers of skin) absorbing it and dying in the process... or at least having the stuff absorbed by your body.

i dunno though, just wondering if theres some kind of science behind it.

edit: ****ed up quotes.
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Actually, I was referring to Aqua as sweetie. You're really more of a doll-face.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Actually, I was referring to Aqua as sweetie. You're really more of a doll-face.

I was talking about Aqua too if thats a response to me :/
Quote by NFFC_1865
Saosin are a good band.

yep, just like I'm not unhealthily overweight.

To TS,

Look at esther_mouse's post. There's your answer.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
are you a woman?

no.

are you a fag?

bi.

[THREADJACK]Saosin are a good band.

ye know, i liked them until i saw them live... they use those voice things that make you sound perfect. and sing reeeallly high.

they still sound decent on record, though.[/THREADJACK]
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Quote by Jack Off Jill

You fail.

Gtfo.

Saosin are better than Alanis Morissette.

And yeah make up is bad during sleep blah blah blah
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Saosin are better than Alanis Morissette.

And yeah make up is bad during sleep blah blah blah

A lot of people are better than Alanis Morissette. But listening to Alanis Morissette takes away less man points than listening to Saosin. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is. Alanis takes away five man points, my dressing in women's clothing takes away twenty. Listening to Saosin takes away 30. Therefore, I'm still ahead of the game.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
A lot of people are better than Alanis Morissette. But listening to Alanis Morissette takes away less man points than listening to Saosin. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is. Alanis takes away five man points, my dressing in women's clothing takes away twenty. Listening to Saosin takes away 30. Therefore, I'm still ahead of the game.

haha, I doubt anyone will argue with that because they know that even you dont believe that dressing in drag is actually less manly than listening to Saosin
Quote by NFFC_1865
haha, I doubt anyone will argue with that because they know that even you dont believe that dressing in drag is actually less manly than listening to Saosin

Eh, I'm enough of a hardass that no matter what I do, I still come out manlier than most people. With a few exceptions. Mad Max.. Duke Nukem, and Ash from Army of Darkness.

And no, I do believe that dressing in drag is still more manly than listening to Saosin. I'll give Circa Survive fans the benefit of the doubt, though.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Eh, I'm enough of a hardass that no matter what I do, I still come out manlier than most people. With a few exceptions. Mad Max.. Duke Nukem, and Ash from Army of Darkness.

And no, I do believe that dressing in drag is still more manly than listening to Saosin. I'll give Circa Survive fans the benefit of the doubt, though.

Also, you're pretty fat, so that gives you a few man points.
Last edited by skagitup at Nov 20, 2007,
Quote by skagitup
Also, you're pretty fat, so that gives you a few man points.

Fat? I weigh like.. 115 pounds, man.

I wish I was fat, though. Fat people seem to jolly. We skinny folk are hateful. Because we look like aliens.

Ugly? I'm ****in' gorgeous. And modest.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

You fail.

Gtfo.

He also goes to Mount Sac, lol. Mount Sac: We are teh balls!
Quote by skagitup
Also, in your profile, your hat looks stupid.

I wouldn't say that you're fat (I'm not sure why anyone would say that?), but yes, lame hat dude.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by skagitup
Also, in your profile, your hat looks stupid.

Yea and your picture is SO MUCH BETTER.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Yea and your picture is SO MUCH BETTER.

Yeah, it is
Hahah. I miss that hat. That last I saw it, I was drunk, and I got into an argument with the Borat pin on it. It got replaced with a Girl Scout hat for awhile.. Then I lost that hat. Now I'm hatless. Well.. no, that's not true. I do have a Jester hat. But I think my dog killed that.
Quote by vintage x metal

I was just joking, but that guy who sucks up to you has already tried to come to your rescue.

Some people are really quite stupid.
Quote by skagitup
I was just joking, but that guy who sucks up to you has already tried to come to your rescue.

Some people are really quite stupid.

Meh, I didn't really care too much to begin with. People whom I never met, never will meet, and don't really want to meet, don't have too much of an effect on my day.
Quote by vintage x metal

I'm not sucking up to anyone, son. I just find your picture to be lame. That's all.

Good day.
They have a massive effect on my day because I have an inferiority complex and use these forums help to keep my self-esteem high. Without them I would almost certainly be living in Coventry.

Quote by Aqua Dementia
I'm not sucking up to anyone, son. I just find your picture to be lame. That's all.

Good day.

I see. Perhaps you are jealous of my beauty.

Good day.
Last edited by skagitup at Nov 20, 2007,
um ive slept in eye makup (from plays and stuff) and havent found any disasterous results...except its always still there, even when i try to wash it off.
Quote by esther_mouse
wearing makeup in bed is bad for your skin, basically. during the night your skin heals itself - it rebuilds damaged patches, speeds up the recovery from spots etc. clogging it up with foundation is bad for it as it stops this process; it also makes people with naturally oily skin more prone to spots as it closes all the pores.

wearing lipstick in bed dries the skin on your lips and makes them chapped and sore; wearing eyemakeup has a similar effect around the eyes, making it more likely that you'll get more wrinkles, and earlier. it can also make your eyes puffy and red in the morning.

MORE WRINKLES?!!?

That's me convinced

Also, if you're a drama queen or your eyes are naturally watery, you'll get gross mascara stains on your bedcovers.
Well, I can say this: Never wake up pissed and try to remove eye shadow/liner/whatever with vodka on a cotton pad. It hurts oh so very badly.
...Bleep Bloop...
Page 1 of 2