Well, me and my band has been asked to play a few AC/DC songs at my cousins 40-year-party, and we also took a bit of own initiative and made an own version of Misirlou. We learned Tush too, and some other simple classic rock stuff.

And now the guy in charge of all scenework and equipment has asked us what gear we want on stage.

Thing is, we don't have a clue. Sure, i can namedrop some stuff I'd like, but thats more like a gamble. We're not gearheads any of us, but I'm the bands representative, so I do all the talking & arranging.

Any tips what I could use?

My bass is a Peavey Grind NTB5, i can also use my old Yamaha RBX-170 if that would fit better. Suggestions on EQ & other settings are also very welcome. Economy is not really a big factor. (I don't want to rip the AC/DC tone, but I'm looking for something that would fit well, thats all.)

Thanks in advance!
Fler Ismaskiner!
I think proabably a marshall would give you a classic tone like that, most notably, JCM 800 maybe?
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Quote by muso_ chris
I think proabably a marshall would give you a classic tone like that, most notably, JCM 800 maybe?

...isn't that a guitar amp?
As of 1995's Ballbreaker, Cliff has been using a MusicMan Stringray strung with D'Addario flatwounds. During the early years with AC/DC, he mainly used Presicion basses, although during some live performances he used a Fender Jazz bass. For 1980's Back in Black, it has been speculated that he used a non-reverse Gibson Thunderbird. He used a P bass on For Those About to Rock. For the 1983 album Flick of the Switch (and the tour that supported it), he used a Steinberger. He sticked mainly to P Basses through the 80's (with the exception of Fly On The Wall, in which he used a Gibson SG re-issue.) On the Razor's Edge he used a jazz bass.

Searching ftw!!!!

And reading through it, I realize that it gives no info about his amp. Whats your price range.
Quote by kaptink
...isn't that a guitar amp?

The dude clearly looked at the forum home page, saw AMP and AC/DC, and posted a response without checking the forum.

Cliff Williams isn't a tone monster - get an amp that's LOUD, and that'd do the trick.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I made a thread with the exact same name in the guitar forum as well, because my guitarist is out of reach & without an internet connection. That might be why.

But as i stated above, I'm not after the same tone. Not very exciting tone, just like you said. But I'm just after something that might fit. So no Williams copy. But i can't really go up there and play progressive metal.

Economy is no big factor. Guess it won't be any €2.000 cabs, but tone over price.

But in case i don't find anything specific, I'll just settle for something big, that always works as long as they aren't too sober.
Fler Ismaskiner!
How about an Ashdown MAG 410? If money REALLY isn't a factor get something from the ABM series instead
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
How about an Ashdown MAG 410? If money REALLY isn't a factor get something from the ABM series instead

I agree, except I would say get a 1x15 cab instead because I can get the most awesome fat classic rock tone out of my ABM through a 15.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
I agree, except I would say get a 1x15 cab instead because I can get the most awesome fat classic rock tone out of my ABM through a 15.

Yeah good point actually, get the 15!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410