so what defines a pickup's (humbucker's) tone? i'm not on about the technical workings but is it to do with the level of output and the frequnecy response that seperates them e.g. like a graphic equalizer?

also...di marzio and seymore duncan....anyone experienced any major differences like what music styles they are more suited to and their response and stuff?
Dancing In Your Dust
Lots of things...the magnet type, the magnet strength, the amount of windings, the type of wire used, the overall DC resistance!

Dimarzio and Seynour Duncan both make shedloads of pickups ranging from vintage styles to modern, high output models. Dimarzio tend to have more options for the shredder, whilst Duncan seem to have a better choice for lower output and hotter vintage types but it's all just horses for courses really.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
also since you're in england i strongly suggest you consider looking into bareknuckles, bulldogs, swinesheads and irongears. EDIT: and rockmonkey.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?