I have a standard mim strat and I want an amp and I was wondering which of those amps listed is the best in terms of sound quality?
marshall ofcourse! duh...
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
The MG sucks, the Spider sucks and the Toneport isn't actually an amp.

How much money do you have to spend and what kind of tones do you want?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah exactly, maybe you should save up for a better amp.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
i know the toneport really not an amp, but i need solid state for my bedroom pratice. I wanna know which has the best sound quality.
Quote by lpmarshall
i know the toneport really not an amp, but i need solid state for my bedroom pratice. I wanna know which has the best sound quality.

Unless you have something to plug into the Toneport for an output you won't have any sound...the other two both sound equally gash, just in their own special ways.

Once again....how much do you have to spend and what kind of tones do you like?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

vox valvetronix

ok, its got ONE preamp tube in it which needs replacing once a blue moon but its better than most full solid states, plus its cheap
i'm thinking of getting one if i get into university so i don't piss my flatmates off with a half stack lol
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by steven seagull
Unless you have something to plug into the Toneport for an output you won't have any sound...the other two both sound equally gash, just in their own special ways.

Once again....how much do you have to spend and what kind of tones do you like?

i have up to $ 250 for the amp. and i play blues/rock. Hendrix/Clapton/Page/Frusciante sound is what im looking for.

and yeah, i do have something to plug in the toneport which is my computer. I figured the toneport would be convienient b/c once i move into a dorm it won't takey any space and i would just plug and play. But I don't know how good they sound or the ease of use of them.

and im getting two amps eventually, first a ss state amp i can practice and use for college and a marshall tube combo that I'll use for home and gigging.
Last edited by lpmarshall at Nov 20, 2007,
An Epi Valve Junior would be great for you, but it can get awfully loud for such a little thing...you'd probably want an overdrive pedal as well to give you more gain at sociable volumes.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Jr-HalfStack?sku=481475
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I agree with the VJ suggestion, it will get you them tones alot better than a crappy SS will.
For practicing purposes, the Tone Port is a good alternative to a crappy SS amp. It can also be used for recording and stuff.
If you want purely a practice thingamabob get a Pocket Pod and a good pair of headphones. If you want an amp, the other guys already made good suggestions, except for the guy who said "save up for a tube combo", who is quite clearly a very well trained parrot and should be ignored.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The Toneport is good for dorm room practice .

It'll also let you record stuff.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by timi_hendrix
If you want purely a practice thingamabob get a Pocket Pod and a good pair of headphones. If you want an amp, the other guys already made good suggestions, except for the guy who said "save up for a tube combo", who is quite clearly a very well trained parrot and should be ignored.

I'm also gonna recomend the VOX DA-5. It's solid state, small in size, and it packs a punch. Has some really nice and useable tones.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
ok so out of those three listed, which has better sound quality ? you can add in a vox hybrid as well