I can't bend over 2 semitones ,for example 3 or 4 and on the 3 bottom strings i can't do a 2 semitones bending.I bend as much as i can but i get only a semitone bending.Why?
How can guitarists like malmsteen or satriani bend in this situations?
Malmsteen for one downtunes with very low-gauge strings (8s). Other than string gauge, you have to train yourself. Remember that accurate bends are more important that big ones.
The way I understand it, the strings at this point are more tight, as it's closer to the nut. This might also be because your strings are somewhat new, you might need to play a bit more with those. Another tip would be, instead of bending a 4 on 1st string you can just bend a 9 on 2nd string. It's just gonna sound just the same, except it will be easier.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

i use 0.46 - 0.10 strings,the problem for example is that i cant go over 2 semitones on higher strings,sometimes it seems to go ok but if i compate the bend with the note there is a little difference of pitch.
It might be a whammy bar, but if you're certain it's a bend
Someone told me to bend using 2 or 3 fingers to push the string and it helps give you that extra push you need to bring it to a higher bend and sustain the note.
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Bending with three fingers helps me alot with bends that require more force

I wonder if my sustain suffers for it though, as when bending higher notes on lighter guage strings the sound just dies past a certain point :s
Quote by KDC
i cant go over cause it seems the string will break.

Seriously; it won't. I can bend from 12 to 16 on the high E and it barely goes out of tune if the strings are nicely stretched.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Same goes for me, just work you strings slowly by bending more and more to stretch em out then pretty soon you'll be doing whole tone bends. Just make sure its not past the whole tone, thats starting to happen to me as I bend to much sometimes.
Gear:
- G&L Tribute Series Legacy Guitar
- Behringer V-tone GM108 15-watt amp
Quote by KDC
I can't bend over 2 semitones ,for example 3 or 4 and on the 3 bottom strings i can't do a 2 semitones bending.I bend as much as i can but i get only a semitone bending.Why?
How can guitarists like malmsteen or satriani bend in this situations?

well the lower strings will be harder because they are thicker and they are wound. wound strings are harder to bend for some reason. im not completely sure why. if you are playing electric usually the 3rd string is unwound but you can get it wound. also, how are you bending? make sure you are bending towards the 6th string if its on strings 1-3 and towards the 1st string if its on strings 4-6. or towards the sky and towards the ground. using more than one finger helps. most people use three.

it might just be that your hands arent strong enough or you havent had enough practice with bends. it just takes time really.
Quote by KDC
i cant go over cause it seems the string will break.one of the thing i cant play is satriani's surfin with the alien part:

D---5-7-7b9-5-7
A--7

it wont break. trust me i do a lot of bends and even some wide bends(more than 2 semi tones) and put virbrato on them and i never break strings. i also use guage 56-12. so even with all that tension they still dont break.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Seriously; it won't. I can bend from 12 to 16 on the high E and it barely goes out of tune if the strings are nicely stretched.

i've broken a string on a bend... i was seeing how far i could bend really ****ty cheap strings.

hurt my hand a whole ****ing lot.
wait what
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

it won't go out of tune no, but it's sure as hell possible to break strings when you bend to far, i even broke an ernie ball string with a 4 semitone bend..

they way i work around >3 semitone bends is by bending it up 3 and adding 1 with the whammy (my whammy only goes 1 semitone), even bigger ones i bend up 2 or 3, realease it but compensate with the whammy while i slide it up in none bended position, and bend further and use the whammy to smooth the whole thing out..
that did take some serious practise back in the days though..

easier thing is getting a slinkier gauge, cuz you wont need to tune them as tightly, so their easier to bend and they won't break as fast..
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin