Currently trying to learn Sweep Picking, and I'm just wondering if there's a good, not too easy or hard, song to practice it on? Or a pattern or something?
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
look up conspiracy by paramore
it has this sweep picking pattern in the verse that is ok
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
this is the perfect exMPLE FOR THAT
THIS What i'm using to learn sweeping to
use the sweeping at the end of seize the day - avenged sevenfold
Quote by forwhomthebells
girls>guitars actually its girls<guitars.

...The FUCK you on about bitch?

-----------------------13-17-13----------------------------------------------------
------------------15--------------15-----------------------------------------------
--------------14----------------------14-------------------------------------------
----------15------------------------------15--------------------------------------
------17--------------------------------------17----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's a pretty good pattern, it's the one I mainly learned on.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
...The FUCK you on about bitch?

-----------------------13-17-13----------------------------------------------------
------------------15--------------15-----------------------------------------------
--------------14----------------------14-------------------------------------------
----------15------------------------------15--------------------------------------
------17--------------------------------------17----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's a pretty good pattern, it's the one I mainly learned on.

Yeah, that one seems pretty nice. I'll try it out! I'll try to look into the other songs suggested as soon as I can too.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Bleeding Mascara by Atreyu has a bad ass sweeping into, also, This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore has a really cool sweep section.
Quote by Eric 666
Bleeding Mascara by Atreyu .

Lol I HATE that song but that's what I used to practice sweep picking...

This might help: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3mbx03mP5eg
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Stentroll
Currently trying to learn Sweep Picking, and I'm just wondering if there's a good, not too easy or hard, song to practice it on? Or a pattern or something?

Sweep Picing is an advance techniuqe, unless you practiced few hundred hours on chromatic scales and can play with closed eyes where ever however dont start waisting time.

Sweeping is combination of sync,speed,accuracy.
smile
Quote by Nomak1
Sweep Picing is an advance techniuqe, unless you practiced few hundred hours on chromatic scales and can play with closed eyes where ever however dont start waisting time.

Sweeping is combination of sync,speed,accuracy.

I haven't done that... :/
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by aznrockerdude
Lol I HATE that song but that's what I used to practice sweep picking...

This might help: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3mbx03mP5eg

That seems to be a very good video. I am aware this is a hard technique, but nothing is impossible, right?
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Shabalaba
The intro of diary of a madman by ozzy ozbourne.

What the hell are you talking about??? there is no sweeping in that song at all. Randy Rhoads never sweep picked (to my knowlage).

Ummm... look up in song by just about any metalcore band... there will be a sweeping section...
http://www.insaneguitar.com/mc/sweeping.html Instruction and they start from scratch, once u get more experienced i recommend downloading a GuitarPro File called something like "Shredded strings - sweep picking exercise" its an awsome progression, very powerful, also includes a tapping bit if ur interested to learn the whole piece.
Quote by Stentroll
I haven't done that... :/

Trust me bud, my friend has been playing for 1 year like a normal guitarist, then he went to mountains were there is no tv, no internet no nothing. Metronome and Guitar he was practicing chromatics for 5 hours a day and today he's been playing for like 20 months and he can shred, 2hand tap, sweep, play any song he likes at any speed.

playing dirty sweeping is full of ****, no use. get those 3 things first
smile
Quote by Nomak1
Trust me bud, my friend has been playing for 1 year like a normal guitarist, then he went to mountains were there is no tv, no internet no nothing. Metronome and Guitar he was practicing chromatics for 5 hours a day and today he's been playing for like 20 months and he can shred, 2hand tap, sweep, play any song he likes at any speed.

playing dirty sweeping is full of ****, no use. get those 3 things first

But why do I need to practice scales to be able to Sweep Pick? I can get speed, sync and accuracy down if I practice, I know it.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
chromatic scale is...

1-2-3-4 on all strings... you should start very very slow so all notes sound same.

it will develope accuracy,sync and all fingers will have same power.

just do it for 1 week and you will see difreence in your playing, start slow.
smile
Quote by Nomak1
chromatic scale is...

1-2-3-4 on all strings... you should start very very slow so all notes sound same.

it will develope accuracy,sync and all fingers will have same power.

just do it for 1 week and you will see difreence in your playing, start slow.

I appreciate your help, but I've been playing for more than a year already, so my fingers are kind of strong.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!