what size amp would i need to be heard over guitar and drums. I have been using my friends amp, but it broke so now i need a new one for practice with my band, but all i have is a crappy little 10 watt ibanez amp.
So, goin’ down the Amazon in a light green ’57 Chevy, uh. Well, you think that’s, um, kind of heavy?
Quote by stephen_rettie
if tubes id say 20-25w maybe less actually my 25 is usually at 6

SS liek a million w

???

I have a 300w and I'm heard but my 100w was not heard as well...
100w can be heard though.

EDIT: how much louder are tubes and what bass amp do you have with tubes?
Quote by stephen_rettie
if tubes id say 20-25w maybe less actually my 25 is usually at 6

SS liek a million w

Nice one guitard.
The usual rule is whatever your guitarist amp has at least have 3 times as much. 100 watts means get 300 watts for example.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by bassburton
The usual rule is whatever your guitarist amp has at least have 3 times as much. 100 watts means get 300 watts for example.

That's if both the bass and guitar amp are solid state. I usually suggest at least 4 times (maybe 5, if you like headroom like I do) the amount of watts as the guitarist (if you're playing through a solid state and the guitarist has a tube amp). I, personally, play through a tube amp, so slightly more than double the wattage would be safe. These are all my opinions.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.