I have a metallica tab book, its the official one for the black album.

Sad but true, it says it down one whole step.

can i learn it in E standard though ?
you can but it won't sound as perfect but yes you can
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
as long as they don't hit any notes that are actually below low E
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
Yeah you can, but it wont sound as heavy.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
you can play any song in any key, it just will sounds a bit off cuz you'll be tuned higher
oh ok. When i get a backing track though, the backing rythm guitar for the solo will be down tuned too.

I just cant be bothered altering my Floating trem just for one song. Just waiting to get the Ibanez RGA212, coz its got a fixed bridge, but same neck as my ibby.
You can learn it but itll just be a step up.

I play loads of songs in standard that are meant to be Eb etc.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
you can play it , it just wont sound so Broootalz
and you wont be able to play along to the song if you want to because itl be out of key
I think you mean a whole step. You can learn it in standard and play it a step down, it will probably be easier because you'll be used to more tension on the strings.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by Dog454
I think you mean a whole step. You can learn it in standard and play it a step down, it will probably be easier because you'll be used to more tension on the strings.

The song pretty much revolves around the low D5 chord. Tune it down to D G C F A D.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: