Hey guys, I was at my local guitar store and played a used modified American Deluxe strat. I loved the way the guitar played/felt/sounded. Im not an expert, but it had 3 semour duncan single coils that the guy said were humbucking and one other feature of the guitar that I really seemed to like was the nut which was metal and made it much easier to bend at the lower frets like the 2nd. I don't really know much about guitar parts, and I am wondering how much money the previous owner put into this guitar and what he put into it. Any help is appreciated.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
if theyre single coild theyre not humbucking. they guy who said thats an idiot. but seymour duncans are expensive enough. the nut probably wasnt expensive, not from any fault of the previous owner, but to spend a lot of money on a new knut, youd probably have to buy it made of gold. theyre just not expensive. if its under five hundred dollars its a damn good deal, under a thousand and at least you know the guy selling it isnt an idiot. a real price would probably be $800-$1000
Well they didn't look like traditional single coils, i think they were these ones http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/stratocaster/cutting-edge/cool_rails_for/ at least they looked like them.. Actually, only the neck and bridge p/u looked like that, the middle looked slightly different.. Again, I don't know much about this but thanks.. The guitar was posted for 900 i believe.. maybe 850 i forget
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
anybody know what this guy may have done?
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
He put a new nut on the guitar and changed the pickups to hot rails. Probably around $175-200 in stuff. But thats just a rough guess.

The guitar could have the LSR roller nut though. It has theses little metal rollers in the string slots.