I recently tried out a Charvel Star on Saturday, and they felt so damn good. The neck was kind of in-between a standard Wizard neck and a Strat neck, and the body shape is pretty neat. The pickups sounded pretty nice (then again, I was playing through the Marshall JVM), and the construction of the whole guitar is top notch. The trem was rock solid (no cavity) and last but not least.... MAPLE ****ING FRETBOARD! Ah. It's so damn nice to play one!

Anyone else tried out a Charvel Star?

(linky: http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/1734-charvel_usa_standard_star_hh_floyd_rose_maple_electric_guitar)
that guitar looks nice!!!i'm not from brittian but i'm pretty sure 700 is a lot.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
$1,400? Go for it! Made in the USA and are very well built. Those are very nice guitars. I would buy that baby for sure, just make sure nothing is wrong with it.
that's pretty cheap for one in the UK, surely?

Haven't tried one, but would like to.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 666_Pounder
Gahhh thats much cheaper than i thought, i might consider getting one when i buy my next guitar in a few months.

Don't get your hopes up. They still run around $3,000 with a Floyd and nice trimmings.

we dont have those in the U.S....sadly lol, those things are nice as hell.

Yes we do. You just have to order them as they are not a very in demand guitar. On a side note I hope they do a MIJ Star to go along with the new MIJ Charvel thats coming out. I've wanted a Star for years, but refuse to buy an ESP/LTD
^That guitar reeked of pure 80's man! Killer guitar.

What's up with Charvel anyway? How come they ain't putting out as many guitars as say... Ibanez or Jackson?
Quote by Mwoit
^That guitar reeked of pure 80's man! Killer guitar.

What's up with Charvel anyway? How come they ain't putting out as many guitars as say... Ibanez or Jackson?

According to the website they seem to be producing more now, and you can find the san dimas and star models about but they stopped making the Model 1 and stuff (which is the one I wanted dammit ) also their custom shop still seems to be available, but damn would I love one, a guy I know found a model 4 for £100 by looking in the paper! He also found another charvel that he's had in bits and was going to sell to me for a small amount of money but I can't even afford that
Quote by sashki
700 POUNDS?!

It MUST be second hand. Charvel are the ****. Few guitars are so 80's.

Nah, this is brand new. Well, by brand new, I technically mean NOS. The staff at the Merchant City told me whoever had the guitar previously wanted to get rid of old stock, hence the huge slash on price.

And if it IS used, the guitar was in very very good condition. The neck was perfect, no dirt or scum on it and there was no dings as far as I could see. (Then again, it was ALL white).
Charvel goes by custom ONLY. The San Diams and Star models are no longer standard production. However, the first MIJ Charvel in over 12 years will be revealed at NAMM (Actually it was at Summer NAMM but not officially if that makes sense).
Quote by CJRocker
Don't get your hopes up. They still run around $3,000 with a Floyd and nice trimmings.

Yes we do. You just have to order them as they are not a very in demand guitar. On a side note I hope they do a MIJ Star to go along with the new MIJ Charvel thats coming out. I've wanted a Star for years, but refuse to buy an ESP/LTD

those are the ones that used to be available as far as google says, but then again excuse my ignorance.
Quote by Eric 666

those are the ones that used to be available as far as google says, but then again excuse my ignorance.

Yeah I think those were the Standard production ones. Never played one honestly, but I've noticed a lot of people that buy them keep them.
Quote by CJRocker
On a side note I hope they do a MIJ Star to go along with the new MIJ Charvel thats coming out. I've wanted a Star for years, but refuse to buy an ESP/LTD

You aren't the only one. I've been wanting one for so long. If they make them available in the US I'm going to be all of one.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $