LARGE HARDON COLLIDER!!!!

*tries to be first to say it*

Edit: **** YEAH!!! Anyway, that thing's going to be the end of the world. We have known this for months. We won't live to see 2009.
seems pretty interesting. i dont get why it would be a bad idea?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
The reason some think it might be a bad idea is because they're dealing with aspects of physics that have never been experimented with before. Not by us, anyhoo. Well, perhaps they HAVE been experimented with before, but the LHC can bring it all to new levels, it's a VERY powerful accelerator. Lots of "disaster scenario" theories about what will happen, such as the formation of Black Holes, Strangelets, Strange Matter and the like.

All in all, most of the disaster theories have been shown to be (most likely) groundless, though technically speaking, we don't really have a bloody clue.
Hehe, CERN. Reminds me of Anglels and Demons.

Well as long as they don't make anti matter, it's fine.
Quote by Castlebravo
Well as long as they don't make anti matter, it's fine.

Bit late, they've been making Antimatter since the 1990s :p Not very efficient production process though, and certainly not in quantities that are cause for concern.
sorry but when i skimmed over the title i read "large hardon collider"
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
seems pretty interesting. i dont get why it would be a bad idea?

It could suck us into a black hole if it creates one.

Sound bad yet?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
"As with previous particle accelerators, people both inside and outside the physics community have voiced concern that the LHC might trigger one of several theoretical disasters capable of destroying the Earth or even the entire Universe."

How epic.
Joey! Watch your speed!
i saw a program a while ago now about the 7 ways the world could end. only one of them was bogus.

you get 3 guesses which one it was
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
everyone prepared to be crushed into a singularity?

jk, highly unlikely
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
As with previous particle accelerators, people both inside and outside the physics community have voiced concern that the LHC might trigger one of several theoretical disasters capable of destroying the Earth or even the entire Universe. This has raised controversy as to whether any such risks outweigh the potential benefits of constructing and operating the LHC.

Quote by daytripper75
im not worried.

if we all die, we all die. whats the big deal?

well it would be just a big of a deal for ourselves if you or i died...
sup?
No it wouldnt. We wouldnt even know it happened.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
dude, i live right next to the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Illinois. Ive been down in some of the maintanence areas (some of my friends have parents that work there) its some pretty crazy ****. Also, we discovered the top quark bitches

EDIT: if theyre worried about anti matter as a weapon...? its unfeasable because it has to be kept in constant motion to be stored.
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Nov 21, 2007,