A while back I stopped playing guitar because of my frusturation with my progress, but a couple of months ago I picked up my acoustic and started to try to learn again. I've learned most of the chords you should know (I used to struggle with chords ) and have learned songs like Wish You Were Here, Through Glass, etc.

My question is where do I go from here? Do I just try to learn harder songs and let my playing skills improve from that?

I'm open to any help.
LARGE TEXT
Always keep learning things. After awhile you'll notice you won't really learn much from playing other's songs so you'll end up trying to make your own (which is good). Once you get there, try jamming with another guitarist. You'll be surprised how much you'll learn from someone at the same level as you or higher.
practice scales, barre cords, learn some new techniques, and how long have you played?
Quote by rockinroll
practice scales, barre cords, learn some new techniques, and how long have you played?

How long have I played? Well I've had a guitar for over a year, but actually get serious about playing, I'd say about three months.
LARGE TEXT
The #1 thing most newer players should do is work on their technique -- that is
learning the physical aspects of playing the instrument. Also, they should be learning
how to practice because ultimately that's the most important skill to have to make
progress.

Sadly, those 2 things are nearly never done. Technique practice is generally
considered extremely boring to the impatient beginner. Practice isn't even
recognized as a skill.

There you have it. With those 2 things taken care of, you can pretty much do what
you want on the guitar.
Quote by edg
The #1 thing most newer players should do is work on their technique -- that is
learning the physical aspects of playing the instrument. Also, they should be learning
how to practice because ultimately that's the most important skill to have to make
progress.

Sadly, those 2 things are nearly never done. Technique practice is generally
considered extremely boring to the impatient beginner. Practice isn't even
recognized as a skill.

There you have it. With those 2 things taken care of, you can pretty much do what
you want on the guitar.

I'll take your advice.

I'm sure I won't become impatient because I've played other instruments and have learned that you are not gonna learn an instrument over night.
LARGE TEXT
edg, that's very good advice. Just knowing HOW to practice can make or break fast progress.

Also, always try to keep it fun. When I had played for about half a year and knew all of my chords and stuff, I started to play along with Nickelback songs like Photograph and Rockstar because it helped me with my chord changes and suff. Also, it was fun because I sounded just like them. If you keep your practices fun, you won't want to put your guitar down and you will learn very fast.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by Holy.
I'll take your advice.

I'm sure I won't become impatient because I've played other instruments and have learned that you are not gonna learn an instrument over night.

Welp, I hope you do .

But I have to tell you technique & gaining practice skill can seem like the dullest
stuff imaginable without the right mindset. You most likely will get impatient.
I did.

A very real misconception you'll likely have is that if you take the time to make
sure you've practiced the little things in real detail (and even something simple
can seem to take a while to get), that you'd never get ANYTHING done. Because
there is SO much to learn. But that's an illusion becasue there's a principle at
work you don't yet understand: "Practing one small thing in extreme detail,
practices everything".

I don't mean to sound like guitar should be a boring chore. Do fun things for
yourself too. But what I found, once I understood how to practice, is that
practice itself can be a lot of fun. I spend a lot of time practicing now. Not because
I endure it, but because I like it.