i just recently got into painting and would love if you guys can critique these 2...honest critisicm (sp)...thanks....any of you artists out there i can most deff take any advice

I assume the first painting is modeled after Mexico's Day of the Dead celebration? I say that because it fits very nicely with that image. The one thing that sticks out are the hands. I cannot draw hands for beans ( pun intended ) Seems you lost that skeleton theme when it came to the hands.
Last edited by the spiker at Nov 20, 2007,
i love it,
you should check out some of francis bacon's work
Send me off to bed forevermore.
I don't know **** about art, but I love your paintings (especially the first one). They're really good if you've just started painting.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
i love the day of the day one... i like that kind of style...

like that
Quote by the spiker
I assume the first painting is modeled after Mexico's Day of the Dead celebration? I say that because it fits very nicely with that image. The one thing that sticks out are the hands. I cannot draw hands for beans ( pun intended ) Seems you lost that skeleton theme when it came to the hands.

it is modeled after the day of the dead celebration...but ya the hands i know exactly what you mean...thanks again
the first is over all good for your style, i can tell you have a good understanding of art. i wish i could see your brush strokes in the first. it looks like you were pretty happy when you did the coy, i would have had a little more shape to the body of the coy but thats me. im into photorealisim and pointalist. what is your medum? it looks like pastel to me. what are you working on?
Quote by burn the stars
the first is over all good for your style, i can tell you have a good understanding of art. i wish i could see your brush strokes in the first. it looks like you were pretty happy when you did the coy, i would have had a little more shape to the body of the coy but thats me. im into photorealisim and pointalist. what is your medum? it looks like pastel to me. what are you working on?

like i said i just started to get into painting...i usually just draw and i was like one day im try to paint instead and i just felt more alive painting if you know what i mean.....as far as mediums? i have no idea what you are talking about hahaha...im just using acrylic paints on some rough paper for paints
Pretty good. They look really neat and have that abstract look to them. My only advise is to maybe add some shading/darker tones to the guitar guy. It will make his face seem to stand out more. I would do the same with the guitar. I like the fish, the only thing is the back and the tail that kinda has me confused. The tail fin could have been made bigger but, I see the pose you were going for. Did you use pastels on the fish? Or was is all paint?
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Is that a computer keyboard I see at the bottom of the first one?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
im diggin' the first one.... purely epic....

not so keen on the last one though

keep it up... your doin' good....
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by Jackal58
Is that a computer keyboard I see at the bottom of the first one?

yes it is
Quote by selftragedy
yes it is

Your caps lock is on.
You're good. I like them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yeah I got advice: try painting better.

but seriously those are well done.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by selftragedy
like i said i just started to get into painting...i usually just draw and i was like one day im try to paint instead and i just felt more alive painting if you know what i mean.....as far as mediums? i have no idea what you are talking about hahaha...im just using acrylic paints on some rough paper for paints

i know exactly what you mean. im glad you found your thing, its always a good feeling. the medium is what you did the piece in (pin and ink, charcole ect.) and on (canvice, wood, paper ect.). it must be the paper that gives it that pastel-ish look, amazing.