Page 1 of 3
http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?ID=2974

What does everybody think about the list?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i saw that a few day ago on stereogum. it made me laugh.

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/****-list/blenders-100-greatest-indie-rock-albums-ever.html

well, i tried to link their article, but no dice because the address contains the 's' word. oh noes.

anyway, it doesn't look like blender's site says it, so i'll ruin the surprise (as if it was one), slanted and enchanted is #1.

oh wait, i guess it does say it. i want to ruin it anyway.
Last edited by starsnostars at Nov 20, 2007,
kinda goofy. i mean, i love the arcade fire and all that, but "funeral" is definitely not the sixth greatest indie album ever, and it's DEFINITELY not better than loveless or in the aeroplane over the sea or blah blah blah
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
oh, and i like how stereogum pointed out that they claim indie rock started "25-odd years ago in suburban garages", but they include the velvet underground.
I do like how high Double Nickels on the Dime is.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i honestly didn't hate it as much as i expected too, but overall it was a bit silly.

i mean "the greatest" over "moon pix"? are you kidding me?
Quote by Fugazirancid
kinda goofy. i mean, i love the arcade fire and all that, but "funeral" is definitely not the sixth greatest indie album ever

because its the first...obviously.

I'm sorry to be a super fanboy, but I just might have to murder anyone who disagrees with me.

As far as the list goes, it seems like they were afraid to include more than one instance of one artist.

LAME! jk, A for effort, well B+.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by element4433
I do like how high Double Nickels on the Dime is.

As do I, very much so actually seeing how The Minutemen are my favorite band. Also cool to see Mission of Burma on there

Woo, Pavement.

But Isn't Anything should have been in like the top 10. And Loveless should have been higher.
Sent from my iPad.
Everyone has their favorites.

I would have put Spiderland in the top 3 (probably #1), but 16 isn't as bad as I thought they would have it.

I do love Surfer Rosa.
By Blenders standards, that isn't awful. It's got most of the right albums there, but probably in the wrong order.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
The hell?
Exactly, who's opinion do they base this crap on? Because it's definetly not on album sales. Some of those are just ri-god-damn-diculous.

Blasphemy.
Quote by minibrowny
Word on the street is, this girl called axel i think it was, spent the night in a disused barn eating owls.
Quote by mulletman500
I like my women like I like my coffee... male.

Yeah, but I sing like an amputee though.
Why?
'Cause. Can't hold a note, can't carry a tune.
aeroplane over the sea should be in the top 10. or at least top 20 for christ's sake. same with is this it.
They've got good albums, but they jacked up the order.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Pretty bad. It's good to see Big Star getting a mention but the liste just annoys me. How can Nick Drake be considered indie-rock?
Slanted and Enchanted was an inspired choice for the top slot.

But a lot of this list confused the Hell out of me.

Aeroplane in the 30's? Lonesome in the 40's?

And what in the FUCK is De La Soul's "3 Feet High and Rising" doing on this list? Fantastic album, but Jesus Christ.
Poor advice.
Slanted and Enchanted was an inspired choice for the top slot.

But a lot of this list confused the Hell out of me.

Aeroplane in the 30's? Lonesome in the 40's?

And what in the FUCK is De La Soul's "3 Feet High and Rising" doing on this list? Fantastic album, but Jesus Christ.

Eh, lonesome has a lot of skippable songs on it, so it probably deserves to be where it is. I want to know why MIA is on there.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

And for that matter, why is NIN on there? Since when has industrial become acceptable in the "indie" conglomeration?
Srsly, I used to love NIN in grade 9 but I listened to The Downward Spiral three years later and the only song I liked was Closer. It's pretty much a band for angsty teenagers like I was.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by starsnostars
oh, and i like how stereogum pointed out that they claim indie rock started "25-odd years ago in suburban garages", but they include the velvet underground.

...And 13th Floor Elevators' debut which was released in 1966. I mean, I'm really terrible at maths, but even I know 1966 wasn't twenty-five years ago.

I didn't like it. One fourth of the albums weren't even supposed to be on there and the order was really... strange.
I say we music geeks of the Alt + Indie forum should come up with our OWN list, send it to Blender, and be like "In yo face, biznatches."
that would be a shit load of work.

looking at it a second time they did have a good set of albums, but as other people said they are all in the wrong order.

i really did like seeing The Modern Lovers on the list.
misfits, dead kennedys. i stopped there
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by K-Lizzle
I say we music geeks of the Alt + Indie forum should come up with our OWN list, send it to Blender, and be like "In yo face, biznatches."

Yeah!!! And we can **** in a bag and send it to NME!!! Who's with me!?!?

Seriously, the list isn't bad, although seriously... weird.
Lists are always stupid. No album is better than another. Music, and all art for that matter, is judged on personal preference. It's that simple. If you want to judge the popularity (which comes with influence, audience, etc) of an album, that's a whole other issue. You can do that numerically; there are concrete answers.
Quote by K-Lizzle

do you think we could really could really make a least
Yes. If we put our minds and hearts into it, anything's possible!

I did not just say that.
I don't like lists. But most of my favorite albums are in the top 20 e.g Minutemen, Pixies, Dinosaur Jr, Pavement etc.
Quote by K-Lizzle

I did not just say that.

that is some motivational shit right there. like captain planet.

Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!
Quote by K-Lizzle

I did not just say that.

Exactly!
Let's go 2 da indiemobile!
GOOOOO!!!

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
No Xiu Xiu, and Animal Collective at 90?

Lame.

But it is Blender, so I'm not too terribly offended.

Yeah, but Strawberry Jam came out what, like a month or two ago? It's barely had time to grow on people. The fact that's it even on the list should be enough for you, eh?
Poor advice.
Page 1 of 3