Hey guys,

I saw a guitar a while ago, and the guy was explaining a mod that he did to it.

It was another knob, like a volume or tone knob. I don't know if it was an existing knob, or if it was added, but he could pull it out or push it in, and apparently it was a "treble boost" or a "gain boost" or something?

It sounds cool, and I'd like more information if anybody's got some

I've tried to google and UG forum search this topic, but I can't really find what I'm lookin' for.
Fender's got the TBX tone control. If you turn it one way, it adds bass, the other way adds treble. Is that what you're thinking of?
Quote by stuey222
Fender's got the TBX tone control. If you turn it one way, it adds bass, the other way adds treble. Is that what you're thinking of?

Nope, it's not the TBX Tone Control.

I'm not sure if this thing was a turnable knob, or if it was just a push/pull setup.

I have a feeling it was some sort of Gain Boost?
You could add any booster you want to your guitar as long as it fits in the control cavity.

Some of the more popular ones a Rangemaster, Brian May Treble Booster, Stratobaster, etc...

EMG also sells a few neat active boosters and such.
doesnt claptons guitar ( or at least the one fender makes in his name) have a 20db boots switch built into it?
Quote by mercinariesgtr
doesnt claptons guitar ( or at least the one fender makes in his name) have a 20db boots switch built into it?

From memory, he's got a 20dB midrange booster - it's not particularly hard to make at all provided you've got a bit of electrical knowledge and know how to play with filters.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
From memory, he's got a 20dB midrange booster - it's not particularly hard to make at all provided you've got a bit of electrical knowledge and know how to play with filters.

like make the mosfet booster with both a high cut and low cut filters?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
like make the mosfet booster with both a high cut and low cut filters?

Exactly
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
noice. i want one of those hahaha. but i swore that my guitar was gonna stay passive though...

do u think warmoth would rout out a tremolo cavity big enough for my battery to go in the back behind the tremolo cover?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard