I need to get a song with the theme of social control in it to tie into two short stories for my English exam in two days. I am sure that there would be some good ones but i cannot think of any at the moment. Could The Pit please help?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Social Distortion - Telling Them
Brotherhood of Vox Group Member #30
'08 Fender American Standard Strat
'07 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Honeyburst w/Gibson 498T &490R
'06 Ibanez Artcore Archtop

Vox Valvetronix AD100VTH w/Blue 4x12" Vox Cab
Vox AD30VT
yeah ratm would be good actually
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
in that case, killin in the name of

"F*ck you I wont do what ya tell me! F*ck you I wont do what ya tell me!...etc."
Literally, anything from Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' !
But especially pay attention to stuff like 'In The Flesh?' and 'Waiting For The Worms'.

Welcome To The Machine - Pink Floyd (okay, strictly speaking it was written about the record industry, but it sounds like it's about social control)

And maybe 'If 6 Was 9' - Jimi Hendrix Experience as a last resort?
well i guess the kkk is a form of control but it wasn't what i had in mind.
Quote by marsvoltaguy
In terms of RATM:
Take the Power Back - talks about Eurocentrism and stuff in the school system
Know Your Enemy - see my sig for the best lyrics ever
Testify - "Who controls the past now controls the future / who controls the present now controls the past..." not only is it a great 1984 reference, but it's true.

Also, Judas Priest - "Electric Eye" is about the government spying on us.
Quote by marsvoltaguy
Do you mean the whole album? I can only do one song. And brick in the wall doesn't really fit very well with the other two.
Quote by marsvoltaguy