Poll: Eclipse or Viper?
Poll Options
View poll results: Eclipse or Viper?
Eclipse
17 68%
Viper
8 32%
Voters: 25.
Well, I want a new backup guitar that is string through bridge. I am liking both the LP and the Sg shapes, and so I was gonna get an esp.

I will likely buy a high end LP later. I will probably never buy a high end SG. Should I just go with the SG so I don't need to upgrade guitars?

Also, would it be worth getting a 1000 series esp, over a 400 series?

Edit: I have chosen a viper. Now should I get a 1000 or a 400? And should I go with red or white? I like both.
Last edited by gunther_sucks at Nov 21, 2007,
It would be worth getting an Edwards.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

ESP rules, their nicer guitars arent really different than their mid range ones though, so a mid range would do. I reccommend the viper though.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Ec-1000 Ftw.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
these guitars are a back up to what?
what kind of music do you play?
what kind of amp?
have you played them?

p.s. get the viper haha
I have a JS1000 Satriani sig.
I play primarily rock, but I use metal tones.
Peavey JSX
Have not played them.

Right now I'm leaning towards the viper.
is the js1000 amp as versatile as i hear it is? i hear it has great cleans, like fender cleans.

and yeah, i think the viper is the way to go. there great guitars, and since you will eventually get a les paul you should just go with the viper
Quote by chea_man
is the js1000 amp as versatile as i hear it is? i hear it has great cleans, like fender cleans.

and yeah, i think the viper is the way to go. there great guitars, and since you will eventually get a les paul you should just go with the viper

It's very versatile. A coil tapped clean channel sounds heavenly.
eclipse, not only does it looks better, its an LP with 24 frets.

and it doesint look like a retarded SG

but in your case i would get the viper since you dont plan on owning an SG later
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
eclipse, not only does it looks better, its an LP with 24 frets.

and it doesint look like a retarded SG

but in your case i would get the viper since you dont plan on owning an SG later

Eh, I actually like the looks of the viper over the SG. I think SG's are fugly.
go w/ white if u didnt order it/ buy it yet
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by mafropetee
Ec-1000 Ftw.

amen
(+alot)
im getting one, and it is absolutl.y the best guitar without a tremolo you can buy
i played one today actally, and i wasnt dissapointed, not eve with that one cutaway, i can still reach the high frets easily
Quote by PerpetualBurn
It would be worth getting an Edwards.

You are completely, completely.......................right!

Look at this baby, http://proxy.f3.ymdb.yahoofs.jp/users/4617a324_141b0/bc/3068/__hr_/2e6d.jpg?bc0CdaHBq53NO.u_

Edwards are so sweet. As for LTD goes, they are great guitars are long as you stay in the 400/400+ series. The 1000 series are what i would get if i get an LTD.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
They really couldnt of put more binding on there! I like it though its nice. I want an Edwards Explorer.

I vote EC, cos Vipers are fugly retarded SGs. Even though Sg's are fugly too.
for a backup, Id get an SG before the LP (if you like both) cos the SG will weigh less. Easier to carry around to your gigs and on stage too.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard