I've started learning guitar since the start of this year and im looking for a electric guitar. im into soft/medium rock. Budgets around New Zealand $500. whats a good brand?
epiphone
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
its gotta be either epiphone or squire. both are standered entry level. but for ur style go with a strat cos you get a cleaner tone and they look cool
Quote by prunejuiceman74

He said soft/medium rock, not metal

+1 to the squier but make sure its a high end one,and the telecaster model should do u some good or maybe a bunny or tokai les paul
Quote by prunejuiceman74

You COULD buy the Ibanez... it's a great guitar...
Avoid the B.C. Rich and the Schecter... well it's a good guitar but more metal-orientated...

If I were you I would buy a Epiphone Les paul or Squier stratocaster... but my advice:

Go to a music-shop and just try "every" guitar within your price-range!
See what guitar is the most easy one to handle (just... try how smooth the neck is and if the guitar is balanced...) and if you like/dislike the sound of it
Stratocasters and Les Paul are very diferent sounding guitars but they're both used in rock... For a strato think of Hendrix or Clapton and the les paul gives you a Slash-like sound...

Just try out multiple guitars
^mahogany body, duncan designs, and coil taps are the generic traits of most schecters... none of that screams metal. don't be so close minded.
Last edited by mrmarc772 at Nov 21, 2007,
Yamaha Pacifica 112 and Roland Micro cube. Get the Pacifica off trademe so it fits your budget.