so I'm in the process of learning black dog by led zeppelin via power tab, I have the main riff nailed but when it comes to playing the first part after the beginning riff there is a guitar 1 and a guitar 2 part, when I take out guitar 2 it doesn't sound right, and when I listen to the song it sounds like it's some kind of combination of the guitar 1 and 2 parts, so I was wondering how do I go about playing that ?
Quote by goonga88
so I'm in the process of learning black dog by led zeppelin via power tab, I have the main riff nailed but when it comes to playing the first part after the beginning riff there is a guitar 1 and a guitar 2 part, when I take out guitar 2 it doesn't sound right, and when I listen to the song it sounds like it's some kind of combination of the guitar 1 and 2 parts, so I was wondering how do I go about playing that ?

It's exactly that, there are two guitars, so one guitar plays one part and one plays the other part.

EDIT: Also, this is the wrong forum, it should go in Tab Talk really.
Guitar 1 and guitar 2 parts mean there are two guitars playing at that time. Remove one of the two, and yes, it will not sound good.

Solution 1 - get a second guitarist.

Solution 2 - find a tab that is written for one guitar
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
Quote by goonga88
since when does led zeppelin have 2 guitarists ?

lol
They multi-layer tracks in the studio
I mean live, when I watch a video of them playing the song or someone playing the song it looks like they hit the guitar 1 part and then a couple chords from the guitar 2 part