I need an amp thats powerful and wont break the bank. Are the backline series cabs any good? I also want to know if you can "stack" them. It only says they have one input on the back. I was thinking about buying a 4x10 and the 1x15. I want a set-up that can handle many different gig situations and i'm wondering if these will do the trick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you're gonna go for GK, get a Goldline cab at the very least. I've only had a problem once, and the guys over there were happy to send me a replacement speaker free of charge.

And the cabs DO have one input. I've never heard of plugging two heads into one cabinet.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Confused4930
If you're gonna go for GK, get a Goldline cab at the very least. I've only had a problem once, and the guys over there were happy to send me a replacement speaker free of charge.

And the cabs DO have one input. I've never heard of plugging two heads into one cabinet.

sorry, what i ment to say was, dont you need another input on the back to go from one cab to the other?
its a beringer. I know...I know. its cheap and powerful. i Always thought that you connected the head into the first cab, and then the first cab into the second.
Quote by pedalguy1
its a beringer. I know...I know. its cheap and powerful. i Always thought that you connected the head into the first cab, and then the first cab into the second.

actually, you are correct. you can daisy chain cabs, if your amp only has one out.
but be aware of your ohms ratings of your amp and your cabs, or you could fry your amp.
you can stack the backline. the thing is the heads. The backline 250 can only handle one cabinet. the backline 600 can handle two. It is alright over all, and great for the price.
Backline heads rule, cheap and powerful, the cabs on the other hand don't sound good. I guess it's a matter of opinion but I went and played the backline 600 and the matching cab and the speakers crapped out really fast at less than satisfying volumes. Kind of sounded like guitar speakers, which is never good for bass. I bought the GK head and found a used avatar 4x10 and it sounds really solid, but that doesn't sound like it will help you considering you already have a head.
But he doesn't have a Backline head, he has a Behringer Head and Backline cabs. Anywho, it's better to use the outputs from the head to go to the cabs, instead of using the cab to cab. And if you have 4x10 and a 15" you'll want to crossover your lows to the 15 and your mids and highs to the 4x10. I personally don't know how to do that, but I'm sure someone here knows how to do it.

Quote by The old Guy
could fry your amp

And blow your speakers.
I hated my backline cab and suggest something else. Its under my belief the goldline cabs are just a lighter backline, but some people here love them... but I'd say give them all a test run at your local guitar center before you commit to something.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
isn't the difference between them is that the gold line have a aluminum speaker?
Like I said before, I personally think Backline cabinets sound great, especially for the price. And I also feel that the Goldline series sounds terrible. I bought a Goldline 4x10 from GC a few months ago, I used it for one outdoor gig and several (loud) band practices and it just could not handle the volume, my Backline 2x10 sounded better by itself at the same volume then the Goldline. I traded it in less then two weeks later for a used Ampeg SVT-15E.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by pedalguy1

the only way you do that is with speakon cables wich that amp does not have nor the cab
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E