I think this is the pedal I want, and I want something that will sound good through emg's and a solid state amp. i want tone like atreyu, trivium or something similar.

edit: i have a noise suppressor, so feedback isn't much of an issue.
a definite Yay
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I recommend it over most metal distortion pedals. I wouldn't use it myself because i don't play metal. But, yay.
^ like........
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Go to the EHX Users Guild, you'll find a lotta love for the Metal Muff
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I'm very biased towards "nay" on this pedal, I'm currently trying to sell mine. It might be suitable for your needs though. However, try it before you buy it, and contemplate whether you need the Top Boost (it's not good, imo) or if you should get the version without it.
Quote by kyrreca
I'm very biased towards "nay" on this pedal, I'm currently trying to sell mine. It might be suitable for your needs though. However, try it before you buy it, and contemplate whether you need the Top Boost (it's not good, imo) or if you should get the version without it.

Yeah. One of the other things I noticed is its a bit fizzy sounding, especially with the top boost. I think the AMT Extreme III is a better pedal for the money really if you're looking for high gain distortion pedals.
Quote by CJRocker
Yeah. One of the other things I noticed is its a bit fizzy sounding, especially with the top boost. I think the AMT Extreme III is a better pedal for the money really if you're looking for high gain distortion pedals.

interesting, im looking at it and it looks pretty cool but ill have to listen to some sound clips and stuff.

thanks for the advice.
the top boost is almost unusable, imo. not a bad pedal for the money, but im really dumbfuzzeled by all the love it gets.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Horlicks
nay, get the nano version or a different pedal

The nano is HORRIBLE. Gives a lot of hiss.

W/ top boost uber yay..I got 1
With a SS amp, the Metal Muff sounds thin, weak, and fizzy. The Top Boost is a joke, it'll sound even worse going through a SS amp. Something you should also consider, it's a very unreliable pedal. I'm not saying every single one is unreliable. When I worked at a music store people returned this pedal a lot. Even with the EHX adapter, this pedal seemed to fry or die for no apparent reason. The demo Metal Muff w/ Top Boost we received died within two weeks.

The nano is HORRIBLE. Gives a lot of hiss.

I've A/B'd the nano and the Metal Muff w/ Top Boost. Even though I don't like the Metal Muff, the nano does sound better. I got absolutely no hiss out of the nano, not sure what you're talking about.
what amp do you have btw
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I like it. I agree, I rarely ever use the top boost (Sounds too 'scratchy' IMO). However, I use this for Punk, Metal(core), and Rapcore, so it's versatile.
Quote by ASGTrace
Ive had mine for god knows how long and havnt had any problems...

really? only god knows how long?
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2006/Electro-Harmonix-Metal-Muff.html

well mine hasnt died either, but i wouldnt put it that way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 21, 2007,
Quote by InanezGuitars44
what amp do you have btw

randall 120W halfstack, idk the specific name.
I have one, and i was expecting much better. The top boost just makes it sound strangely over trebely and produces WAAAAY too much feedback. It might work for what you are playing but i play alot of death metal and the pedal caves in that department.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original