Right then pit guyz i need your advice ....

I can either take Grade 8 in February - March time n then i might not do as well in GCSE's because i will have been concentrating on guitar too much, or i would have to wait to do Grade 8 in October next year.

What should i do?!?!?!
POST FINDER
I'm sorry for being an asshole but screw your guitar and do your work, oh and run NOW, before dinkydaisy and the rest of the sarcasm gestapo come flying in.
it's best to finish school as early as possible
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
By October you'll be 1/4 of the way through your AS levels (assuming you're taking them, and if you are your GCSEs become completely irrelevant for the rest of your life), which are alot of hard work. However, you have the whole summer holiday to do nowt but play guitar.

October may be wiser.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
do your work, because im pretty you have like no chance of having a future with ur music,
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
Rhode Island
It is neither a Road, nor an Island. Discuss
doing you GCSEs

you can do grade 8 in october and get ucas points for it, mmk?
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
i didn't do to well in my GCSEs and i'm having a horrible time this year because i cant do anything i want so concentrate on your exams and do the grade in october
Hmm, something isnt right, i dont really get it, your're doing your GCSE's and but you failed grade 8 ? wtf, someone please explain
i can either take grade 8 in february to march time but then i might not do as well in gcse's, or i can take grade 8 in october next year
POST FINDER
I was hoping you meant you were literally in a pickle. Like, tomorrow's headline would say "Boy Caught In Pickle: Firefighters Free With Jaws of Life."

I was disappointed
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Obviously wait until October, what kind of silly child are you?
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
I agree with what has already been said, stay in school. Guitar can wait.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by mattreid222
sorry for being silly tobysaurus

Apology accepted
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Quote by coca_cola
I'm sorry for being an asshole but screw your guitar and do your work, oh and run NOW, before dinkydaisy and the rest of the sarcasm gestapo come flying in.

If there isn't already a sarcasm gestapo...I'm making one right now.
you should decide whether your capable on doing it WITH your GCSE. Taking it in march wont necessarily mean you'll do bad in your GCSEs, when are you doing GCSE's anyway?

+... if you do it now, you might be able to continue to do diploma, or try for the performers award
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Do it next year, While GCSEs aren't hugely important in later life guitar can afford to wait. It depends what you're planning to do at university though. Some places will only give you a place on a course if you have the right GCSE (for example history at Edinburgh requires a foreign language, english and maths or a science GCSEs).
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Xn00bX
you should decide whether your capable on doing it WITH your GCSE. Taking it in march wont necessarily mean you'll do bad in your GCSEs, when are you doing GCSE's anyway?

+... if you do it now, you might be able to continue to do diploma, or try for the performers award

they are during May/June. And I'm hoping to do either a diploma or performers award whilst i'm doing A levels. has anyone done either? any info on them would be great ...
POST FINDER
Last edited by mattreid222 at Nov 21, 2007,
Quote by mattreid222
i can either take grade 8 in february to march time but then i might not do as well in gcse's, or i can take grade 8 in october next year

ohhh, ok I think i get it now. In that case, I stick by what i said earlier, just with a slightly lighter tone.

Uh-Oh official sarcasm gestapo started by denizenz?? must HIDE

WHAT HAVE I DONE
Quote by coca_cola
ohhh, ok I think i get it now. In that case, I stick by what i said earlier, just with a slightly lighter tone.

Uh-Oh official sarcasm gestapo started by denizenz?? must HIDE

WHAT HAVE I DONE

You can't hide...all of you bitches are going down.
Quote by denizenz
You can't hide...all of you bitches are going down.

Bin Laden did!

So can we! This is starting to make me feel like I'm reading 1984 all over again.
Quote by denizenz

Why is it that whenever you post the thread title turns bold?? but when I post nothing happens.

I've just realised that the the sarcasm gestapo is really a sub-division of the Grammar Nazis. There I bet you dont feel so special now do you?
Quote by coca_cola
Why is it that whenever you post the thread title turns bold?? but when I post nothing happens.

I've just realised that the the sarcasm gestapo is really a sub-division of the Grammar Nazis. There I bet you dont feel so special now do you?

Naw, we discriminate against all things equally not just bad grammar. If anything they'd be more of a subdivision of us.

Bold title? Unread threads are bold and read threads are not.
Quote by Pete_C_Bass
do your work, because im pretty you have like no chance of having a future with ur music,

arseholes arent cool

to TS if you think you can handle it go for it. or maybe take grade 7? then 8 in october, might be a safer option.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by denizenz
Naw, we discriminate against all things equally not just bad grammar. If anything they'd be more of a subdivision of us.

Bold title? Unread threads are bold and read threads are not.

Hehe, makes me look like an ignorant n00b to be sarcasmed
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
arseholes arent cool

to TS if you think you can handle it go for it. or maybe take grade 7? then 8 in october, might be a safer option.

i already took 7 earlier this year
POST FINDER
Grades first.

I know you'll manage the grade eight, but there's no rush at the moment?

Although, being a grade eight musician you'll have a good prospect of music related careers, grades should come first as a net. You only get free education once, grab hold of it.