hello

in near future im going to buy a new electric
first priority is that it should give me a very good Hendrix tone, since ill mostly need it for his stuff...but it should do guns n roses and AC/DC as well
and i wouldnt be unhappy if you can play metal ala black sabbath and metallica on it

price range is between €1500 and 2000

which one would you choose?
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Quote by forwhomthebells
Ibanez Jet King 2 very veristile or Epiphone Les Paul standard or anyother types lol.

Im not sure what your price range is in US$ but if its enough just get a gibson over an epiphone, or even a nice ESP with Duncans.
I would say a high end Fender HSS Strat.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Im sure that would be enough for a gibson, probably getting around the price of a standard, but definately enough for a studio.

To be honest, id try some guitars out, you find that even within the same model people end up hating some guitars and loving others
Jet King = cool, Epi Les Paul = f*cking stupid

And the exchange rate right now should cancel out the shipping costs on an instrument that expensive... So lets see...

Fender VG strat: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-VG-Stratocaster?sku=512881

That gives you your standard strat singles which work for the Hendrix tone, etc. + the Roland VG pickup which can be combined with the singles for a variety of zany tones... It'll do the Strat sound better than any other of course but the VG pickup should open up most of the other tones...
you can get most of those tones (other than hendrix) with stomp boxes. since you're more focused on the hendrix tone i would go with a strat cause the blues tone is definately fender.
thanks for all the advices what do you think of the PRS Custom 24?
is it able to do hendrix?
my gear:

noone knows anything about the prs custom 24?
my gear:

left-field suggestion:

get an edwards les paul from japan (about £500 or i guess 800-odd euro), and then get some kind of strat? tokai/blade/edwards...

i know my edwards les paul is nicer than the gibson les paul classic antique i tried. for about one third the price (apologies to anyone who owns one and loves it, but it's the truth)...

heck you could nearly swing an edwards SG as well with your budget, for your AC/DC moments...

that's what i'd do with that budget... hendrix is too overtly strat, and likewise GnR too obviously les paul, to get it from the one guitar without being seriously willing to compromise... if you are willing to compromise, i'd probably get a custom-built guitar, probably HSH pickup config.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?