So I wanna improve my "Van Halen" style tap riffs, so I want a phaser first and foremost, does anyone know of a good phaser for the bass?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
mxr phase 90.
its THE only phaser to buy.
its cheap, it works great, its simple
it sounds great, its really heavy duty
its small, its basic 9v, theres just absolutely
nothing wrong with it.
but if youre extremelycheap
i heard the FAB phase is not that bad.
its only $15 though so i dont now if i would trust it
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
EHX Nano Small Stone.

It and the Phase 90 are the 2 basic flavors of phase. It's a matter of preference which one you think is better, both are equally good and well made.

Personally, the sound of the EHX tickles me more.
haha
The Digitech X-series has always been kind to bass frequencies - the non-distortions, anyway.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
OMG! NOOB WARNING!

The Following Content Maybe Rather Noobish.

I usually run a fairly dry setup, so what exactly does a "phaser" do?
Consider phasing to be wooshing your signal left to right, while a flanger wooshes your signal around in a circle.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by KevnTone
mxr phase 90.

Your sure about that, the only MXR Phase 90's I could find are all above £75

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Your sure about that, the only MXR Phase 90's I could find are all above £75

yes.
go to musiciansfriend.com, search "phaser" and look.
most of them are way more than the basic phase 90
Quote by KevnTone
yes.
go to musiciansfriend.com, search "phaser" and look.
most of them are way more than the basic phase 90

UK and US prices don't sync up very well. While in the US, you may pay $100 for a pedal, over here in the UK it's usually priced at £70-90, which works out as $140-$150+.

So it doesn't work out as "cheap", it works out as "not quite as bank breaking".
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I use my guitarists Akai P1 Intelliphase
we both agree it sounds nicer with a bass than a guitar
it's an old pedal though dunno how you'd get hold of one, Ebay maybe,but we picked it up for 30 quid
really simple to use and got a cool touch sensitivity option,and the battery life is good!!
The small stone looks the best at the moment, I can get one for around £60 of GAK

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Caustic
UK and US prices don't sync up very well. While in the US, you may pay $100 for a pedal, over here in the UK it's usually priced at £70-90, which works out as $140-$150+.

So it doesn't work out as "cheap", it works out as "not quite as bank breaking".

oh i see...
I have a digi-tech Bp-200. So all these pedal pages tick me off. I say get a multi-effects pedal. But, they go for quantity over quality. Most pedals made for a specific effect will be a lot better. But I've always loved having complete control over every aspect of my sound, so multi-effects are good if you want a lot of tweaking capabilities.
Quote by KevnTone
mxr phase 90.
its THE only phaser to buy.
it sounds great, its really heavy duty
its small, its basic 9v, theres just absolutely
nothing wrong with it.
but if youre extremelycheap
i heard the FAB phase is not that bad.
its only $15 though so i dont now if i would trust it

My buddy's FAB metal pedal sounds awesome and it seems to be pretty well constructed though I haven't used it more than once or twice.
Quote by Zycho
My buddy's FAB metal pedal sounds awesome and it seems to be pretty well constructed though I haven't used it more than once or twice.

yea for $15 they cant be beat. haha
i heard nothing but good things about them.
i also handled one at guitar center the other day.
theyre really HARD plastic and well made.
I've found the Fab distortions to be actually quite good on guitar, the chorus is decent, but the delay is just horrible. I wouldn't give an endorsement or a hack against the Fab series until you've tried them all. However, if you fret over $15, you've picked the wrong hobby.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by FbSa
I have a digi-tech Bp-200. So all these pedal pages tick me off. I say get a multi-effects pedal. But, they go for quantity over quality. Most pedals made for a specific effect will be a lot better. But I've always loved having complete control over every aspect of my sound, so multi-effects are good if you want a lot of tweaking capabilities.

imo multi effects are nothing compared to actual single effects
they usually sound very fake
to the ts the dod phaser isn't that bad and you can get one for around 20 US
I don't like as i lay dying