Page 1 of 4
Not signing it, my parents earn under £30,000 and wouldn't give me extra money even if they had it... it's called not being spoonfed.

Get a job, thats what im doing the minute i turn 16...
how many people need to sign it?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by SG thrasher
Nobody spends it on resources for college, lets face it.

I did. Seriously, college cost me on average £30 a week and without £20 EMA I don't think I'd now be sitting at university.
Quote by John W
Not signing it, my parents earn under £30,000 and wouldn't give me extra money even if they had it... it's called not being spoonfed.

Yeah well, maybe some people want to concentrate on further education after they're 16. So they won't have time for a part time job. Or a full time one, whatever.
its a load of ****e, i don't want to be a drain on society, liek the rest of the ignorant c.unt at college, they should abolosh it completely
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
I don't think it should be for all students but certainly the ones with full schedules and don't have the time to work outside college.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
its a load of ****e, i don't want to be a drain on society, liek the rest of the ignorant c.unt at college, they should abolosh it completely

Then how are people supposed to support themselves during further education? Your certainly not a drain on society when you have a degree.
Signed it!!!
Quote by filthandfury
I only do that on MSN, and I get many complaints about it.

F&F will have cyber sex with you on MSN. He's a bit handsy though.

I have become..... METACARPI!!!!

I wish

Joeymaxx
I work but i still struggle sometimes
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Lol, I'm totally cheating the state out of money.

*meh! high fives anyone else who might be doing this*
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
good idea. im sick of not goetting EMA, my parents earn only just over 30k, so its ridiculous. ill e-mail to all the students in my entire college lol.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Quote by John W

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a part time job and work around college? No you don't.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
There are limits on EMA for a reason. You don't need it. Stop bitching and trying to take taxpayer's money.

But then I'm biased, I get twenty quid a week. But I am sick and tired of constantly hearing people moan about not getting it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I don't get it, and I pay 1.2k a year to get to school which my parents won't pay for and tbh just get a job, if you want to be treated like an adult act like one and pay your own way in the world
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Then how are people supposed to support themselves during further education? Your certainly not a drain on society when you have a degree.

Bullcrap. A degree =/= a job, and certainly doesn't guarantee a well paying one.
Cinsidering everyone and their retard cousin are encouraged to go to universirty these days, a degree is worth f*ck all.
my parents earn more than the cut-off, but they can't afford to give me £30 a week, even though i do more subjects than many people I know that get EMA. how is that fair?

they could try working it out on average earnings per person in the household. that might be fairer.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
I'm not being funny, but some people don't actually need it.

Say you had a kid with super rich parents, why should they get EMA?
My family is £2000 over the limit cos Dad does **** loads of overtime, truth be told, £30000 isnt enough for us because of overdrafts and the mortgage. But I get over it. I'm trying around for a job, got a xmas temp atm.
At least I'll be the one with more work experience, actually earning that money through work.

Getting EMA is not a right, it's a benefit.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Nov 21, 2007,
Quote by OddOneOut
I'm not being funny, but some people don't actually need it.

then perhaps they should revise the boundaries?
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Yeah, every student in the country should be getting EMA! Great idea!
Oh wait, outrageous taxes/completely unnecessary subsidiary of education to be pumping money into. You guys are dumb.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by flambe chicken
then perhaps they should revise the boundaries?

No

What I mean is, the link is to a petition for ALL students to recieve EMA. I think the boundaries are fine where they are. As much as I'd like to get EMA, I don't, so I deal with it. I just don't go out as much or spend excessively. I buy cheap notepads etc. If I don't need it, I don't get it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

The college confused me about the EMA at the beginning so I didnt bother.

It's aite though, I've got a job so I dont need it.
the only people who get EMA are the ones who need it to pay for education or living costs because thei family can't afford it

The amount of people I know who get EMA and it goes straight onto a new pair of jeans or some alcohol, thats not what EMA should be used for thats what money from a job should be used for
There's no possible way to actually control what EMA goes to, at least not that I can think of.
Plus, the system is fundamentally flawed in that it goes to schools like mine, where everyone is rich and middle-class and there is basically no 'truancy' to try and counter. It's a selective school, you don't go to lessons, you just get chucked out.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

I'm not signing it. That's called being lazy. I didn't get EMA and quite rightly. I didn't need it. I had a part time job in 6th form and my parents earn more than the "limit".

EMA is a great idea, for those who NEED it. I didn't and so don't a lot of people.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
A load of people here are crying for college students to get jobs. Let me point out that that is harder than it seems.
When I went to college I searched for a job for months but not one employer wanted to offer Saturday positions to students. They wanted school-leavers who were willing to take on full-time posts.

It is the same now I'm at uni- I'm in my second year and there is nothing.
Quote by jallas
I'm not signing it. That's called being lazy. I didn't get EMA and quite rightly. I didn't need it. I had a part time job in 6th form and my parents earn more than the "limit".

EMA is a great idea, for those who NEED it. I didn't and so don't a lot of people.

Ditto.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
my mother and step father live together they earn enough to get me £10 a week i go to college over 25 hours a week 4 days in a week.
meanwhile my halfbrother does something like 14 hours and gets £30 and goes in for pretty much 2 days and a one lesson on another day he is the single child in his family his mum gives him loads meanwhile im the third in my family i get nothing , im doing a music tech course which means i have to drive my car to college full of my amp and guitar , thats £20 a week alone. meanwhile pretty much every week something breaks ( Strings , Cables)
i have a part time job and honestly work my ass off to pay my dept in the bank from the first few weeks at college. how is this system fair?. even if i got £30 a week id still say its unfair to the people who get nothing. some people parents are really rich but give their children nothing, how is this fair?
The amount of money these students get handed to them is NUTS. My bassist got £2500 handed to him at the start of the year, to pay for college supplies/dorm room rental for 1 year (altogether came to about £500). He then gets an extra £30 in EMA every two weeks, and £200 every month from Bursary.

And he's only taking one course in college, and is only in college about 2 hours a day =/

He also spends it all on drink and other stuff he doesn't need for college. So far he's bought...

A new bass (£400)
Bass amp (£150)
Nintendo Wii (£300 with games)
A double bed for his dorm room, and a single bed for when he's back home (£250 altogether)
And the rest on junk food and alcohol.

It's ****ing ridiculous. I'm working 8-4.30 at a ****ty job to earn mininum wage, and this fly bastard is getting his every need catered for and then some.

So no. I will not sign this =]
Quote by gavindavis
my mother and step father live together they earn enough to get me £10 a week i go to college over 25 hours a week 4 days in a week.
meanwhile my halfbrother does something like 14 hours and gets £30 and goes in for pretty much 2 days and a one lesson on another day he is the single child in his family his mum gives him loads meanwhile im the third in my family i get nothing , im doing a music tech course which means i have to drive my car to college full of my amp and guitar , thats £20 a week alone. meanwhile pretty much every week something breaks ( Strings , Cables)
i have a part time job and honestly work my ass off to pay my dept in the bank from the first few weeks at college. how is this system fair?. even if i got £30 a week id still say its unfair to the people who get nothing. some people parents are really rich but give their children nothing, how is this fair?

fair do's about working hard and all

but it's not about parents giving their kids money. i don't get any money from my parents. as i said, i had a part time job during 6th form which covered all my expenses for going out/shopping/college needs.

*shrugs*

it's called independance.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Signed. My parents earn just over 30k but have 3 kids and can't afford to support me too. and i have 2 jobs and am still broke AND struggling at school.
no, dont sign that petition!

i like being the only one in my class getting free money :P

if everyone else gets it too, i'll be just like them
Quote by gavindavis

how did you get a car if (judging by your £20 drive and approx £5 of breakages a week) are only earning £25 a week?
please everyone who supports it pass it on to people in your college or friends, we need a couple of thousand votes for it to get noticed
You know, in the grand scheme of things, 117 signatures is pathetic. That's barely even the amount of people on my street.

EDIT: And you can tell half of these are jokes with names like 'Nobface Jones' and 'Jizzface T. Mcgee III'.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Page 1 of 4