Hello, i have an Ibanez Jet King 2, and i was wondering wich combination of DiMarzio pickups is the best (i wont play anything else). The guitar has coil splitting.
I play mostly classic rock, hard rock and heavy metal.

I was thinking of theese combinations:
-Super Distortion
-Air Norton

Or:
-Super Distortion
-Humbucker from Hell (it sounds bright, so would it be good with a coil split guitar?)

Or:
-D Activator neck
-D Activator bridge

Or:
-Evolution Neck
-Evolution Bridge

I like the first two the most, but do you have any suggestions for my guitar and for my style?
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Aw cmon, theres like 2000 people online! Help me!
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Help!!!
thanks!
Ok... I like their sound. Would they sound good with coil splitting? Would they change the sound a lot?
what about tone zone?

and what is coil splitting?
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Personally I'd recommend a FRED for the bridge, that's what I have in my Ibanez.
I also have a PAF Joe in the Neck, but that gives a really strat-like sound so I don't know if I would recommend it for someone looking for a humbucker type sound.
I'd spend the money on a proper amp myself if you're looking to actually improve your tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^did u see that new user who stole ur avatar???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^did u see that new user who stole ur avatar???

I know! I was half expecting it to have a little seagull goatee...like some evil mirror universe seagull.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I'm having D-activators installed on a guitar I'm having a luthier build. I never heard them before but I've read that they are passive replacements for EMGs. I have EMGs on my lp copy and I like 'em.
This is not about the amp, i just started playing and im not gigging or something so i dont need a better amp... I dont like the tone zone as much as the super distortion, and the air norton is best for me too, and the humbucker from hell, but i heard that its bad on coil tapping :/ ... So air norton...
Quote by Kada2110
This is not about the amp, i just started playing and im not gigging or something so i dont need a better amp... I dont like the tone zone as much as the super distortion, and the air norton is best for me too, and the humbucker from hell, but i heard that its bad on coil tapping :/ ... So air norton...

You only change pickups if you're not happy your tone, and anything bad about your tone will be because of the amp, not the pickups. changing pickups is going to be good for nothing other than playground bragging rights, it'll do sod all for the sound.

So this IS about the amp.

Also, if you're so happy with your UNIQUE sounding guitar why do you want to change it?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 23, 2007,
Quote by steven seagull
You only change pickups if you're not happy your tone, and anything bad about your tone will be because of the amp, not the pickups. changing pickups is going to be good for nothing other than playground bragging rights, it'll do sod all for the sound.

So this IS about the amp.

Also, if you're so happy with your UNIQUE sounding guitar why do you want to change it?

+167568574759
I was gonna say something along those lines but Steve got there first, and probably worded it much better than I would have.

Also... Dimarzios are not necessarily the greatest pickups in the world. Nothing with them, there are just other choices.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Well, seagull-dude, i never tought that way... My 23-year old cousin that plays for 10 years or so and in two bands that are well known in my country (Croatia) told me that stock pickups are ****... And the neck pickup recently started buzzing like a bee-attack when i touch it... So i gotta repair it. Thanks seagull-dude, you helped me! I'll just remove the metal plate on the pickup :P ... I dont like it, and i always rest my fingers on it, gotta get rid of that habit... Thanks dude!