hello

anyone knows anything about this guitar?

i would need it for Hendrix, but also for any metal

so do you think its versatile enough?

hope you can help me

mfg
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Well Opeth swear by them, and you can just look at most of their stuff to see that yes, it'll do metal - they'ver very versatile and i'd love to have one personally
expensive in europe. nice guitar, no doubt, but if you ask me too dear for what it is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There's a fairly large used market for them though i believe, guitar village (my local store) has a few come up from time to time
good point. I'd have thought they held on to their value pretty well, though? Could be wrong of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah yeah they don't suffer from massive depreciation, but usually enough to make it an attractive offer, i' love one if i could get it used, but i couldn't justify that sort of expenditure unless iwas certain i'd use it extensively and well
Awesome guitars. Theres a lot of pickup combinations you can get from it, you can most certainly get your metal tone and hendrix tones.

Buy second hand though. They are ridiculously expensive, but once you have that beauty in your hands, youll never go back.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
PRS are extremely nice guitars.

They are expensive no matter where you buy them, and you might as well buy a new one, because used ones are usually only $100-$400 cheaper.
High as tits
If you have the money for a prs, just keep your schecter and use it for metal, and get a strat. A prs doesn't really do hendrix, it is a set neck with a different scale length, it is made with different woods, different types of pickups... and so on.
Have one guitar for metal, and another for when you want a bluesy hendrix tone.
^You're kidding me. You can EASILY get bluesy tones from PRS's.

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
The new Mira comes with coil taps and is considerably less than other PRS. From the demonstration it sounds very versatile to me. Admittedly it ranges from sounding "meh" to "woah" so you'd have to try it out for yourself.
hmm the sound of the mira isnt so good....but perhaps its his amp-setup;
the price would be very good (for a prs) since its just $1,792.00 with bird-inlays!!!
my gear:

T!an, Custom 24's are coil tapped too...

I dunno, If I was to buy a PRS, it'd be the Custom 24, nothing else.

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
You can play ANYTHING YOU WANT on a PRS Custom 24. They're simply perfect. They feel like a cross between a Strat and a LP, and can sound like both and more. So yes, you can play Hendrix on it and sound great, and still play any kind of metal and sound great. It just depends on your amp and your skills, 'cause the guitar itself is a beautiful beast!
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
how do you know?

have you played one?
my gear:

This is the second thread today where I've been able to say "I have one!", so I guess I can give some input with at least a little real world experience... In terms of versatility, the 24 is easily the most flexible guitar I have. It can do the hendrix tone, clean rock tones, clean jazz tones, the Clapton woman tone, and almost anything else you care to name. The bit that I think PRS have got spot on is that subtle changes to the volume and tone gives a range of usable sounds that I don't find on many of my other guitars. The humbuckers are high output, so Ithink it could cope with metal, but I think you need to bear in mind that the level of usable distortion you can get is also very dependant on the amp/effects set-up you have. For example, I play through a peavey classsic valve amp, and the blues / classic rock tones are awesome, but it simply doesn't have the level of drive to give a convincing thrash metal type sound, no matter what guitar is plugged into it. I need my Rat pedal to give it that final push towards something close...

Hope this helps...

cheers

Gary
Gary is right. He's so lucky ^^

And by the way, yes, I've played one, and can I swear is the best guitar I've ever played in all possible aspects.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by roast
^You're kidding me. You can EASILY get bluesy tones from PRS's.

No Sh*t you can get a bluesy tone from a prs...
But when you want a hendrix sound, there is no substitute for a strat style guitar. As I said you have to deal with a different scale length, and pickups, body wood, neck wood, pickup configuration, neck construction, Number of frets, electronics. My guitar has coil taps, but there are only 2 humbuckers, so you can't get the Second, or fourth position as you could with a strat.

There is no guitar that can do everything 100%
It's an OUTSTANDING guitar.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
I have played one and liked it, had to get used to the fretboard, which was a bit "wider" than my strat, and my old guitar teacher had a satin singlecut, which sounded amazing.

If you can't afford the Custom 24 or 22, I would suggest the Modern Eagle or Satin Singlecut.
High as tits
Anything Paul Reed Smith is God. Its a beautiful guitar, and is very versitle.

PRS = GOD GUITARS
Quote by DreamFactory
Anything Paul Reed Smith is God. Its a beautiful guitar, and is very versitle.

PRS = GOD GUITARS

try a nik huber or a tyler.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by rlx21
No Sh*t you can get a bluesy tone from a prs...
But when you want a hendrix sound, there is no substitute for a strat style guitar. As I said you have to deal with a different scale length, and pickups, body wood, neck wood, pickup configuration, neck construction, Number of frets, electronics. My guitar has coil taps, but there are only 2 humbuckers, so you can't get the Second, or fourth position as you could with a strat.

There is no guitar that can do everything 100%

True, a strat IS the best guitar for getting a hendrix tone...
But im saying that for BOTH hendrix tones AND metal, a PRS will do the job outstandingly. Strats do not get the best metal tone y'know.

Dave_Mc,
Tylers are all well and good, they're beautiful guitars, and they play extremely well...but I wouldnt say that any of the current Tyler line-up do decent metal tones at all, which is what the threadstarter wants.. IMO, some tylers sound like ****e. Im sorry.

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
depends what type of metal you want, i guess.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?