Okay well, right now I'm learning a few scales, but really all I can or have been working on is the am Pentatonic scale, since it's supposed to improve my speed, I think. I'd say my speed has improved by 1.5%, but anyways, the problem is that when I pic, I sometimes would pic the wrong string, and that's annoying. When you're in to something, it's just crap when you it's broken by a simply misplaced note.

Now, I also need advice on finger strength and speed. Which scales would be more useful for strength and or speed?
I used to have that problem. IT's just a matter of coordination between your hands. Just practice the scale as fast as possible where do yon't make any mistakes, and you'll improve.

As for building speed and dexterity, play chromatics, any scales (major, pentatonic, etc.), and look around here for some exercies. You'll probably find a goot bit with the search button.

Good luck!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
That means you can't actually pick any faster - there's only one thing that matters in guitar and that's accuracy, if you can't play something right then stop kidding yourself because you can't play it.

Scales are no more beneficial to speed than any other exercise, people mistakenly think they are because they concentrate on them and therefore get good at playing that particular scale segment quickly....however it doesn't actually benefit your all-round speed much, it's just that you've hammered that one pattern so much that it's ingrained in muscle memory.

The BEST exercises you can do for speed and accuracy are simply songs, the more differing patterns and passages you learn to play accurately the more likely you are to develop in a balanced way.

As far as speed alone goes, forget it - you can't TRY and be faster because you won't do it. You have to instead concentrate on playing accurately, if you can play something accurately at a certain speed then you can try to play it a little faster. If you can't then you need to slow back down until you can play it PERFECTLY at the slower speed, then try again at the slightly faster speed.

Playing fast takes a long time, not days, weeks, or even months...it takes years.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That means you can't actually pick any faster - there's only one thing that matters in guitar and that's accuracy, if you can't play something right then stop kidding yourself because you can't play it.

Scales are no more beneficial to speed than any other exercise, people mistakenly think they are because they concentrate on them and therefore get good at playing that particular scale segment quickly....however it doesn't actually benefit your all-round speed much, it's just that you've hammered that one pattern so much that it's ingrained in muscle memory.

The BEST exercises you can do for speed and accuracy are simply songs, the more differing patterns and passages you learn to play accurately the more likely you are to develop in a balanced way.

As far as speed alone goes, forget it - you can't TRY and be faster because you won't do it. You have to instead concentrate on playing accurately, if you can play something accurately at a certain speed then you can try to play it a little faster. If you can't then you need to slow back down until you can play it PERFECTLY at the slower speed, then try again at the slightly faster speed.

Playing fast takes a long time, not days, weeks, or even months...it takes years.

Considering a kid at my school who's been playing for 2 years, and he can play like mad...I don't think it's that hard, dedication is all that really matters.
It's always better to over-estimate how long something will take and be pleasantly surprised if it takes less time, than to set yourself an unrealistic timeframe and become even more frustrated if you don't get there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I also have problems with string skipping. Don't try to play fast at first, if you see that you're doing something wrong play it slower and gradually build up the speed. Speed is over rated anyway. There are lots of great guitarists who aren't known for great speed. Being consistent is far more important than speed.