Alright so im doing a paper on The impact of the christian religion on sexuality. Any good points i should bring up.

Please no spam,

any help is appreciated.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by guylee
just say religion only has to do with sexuality when people are too insecure to just say their homophobic and need something to blame it on...
That was without question the most illogical and invalid statement I have heard today.
Religion doesn't really have any impact on people's sexual orientation*, but religion shapes a lot of society. Sex-hating, homophobia, etc.

*it might force people to repress their sexual urges, which might explain the religious nuts only get nuttier.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Nov 21, 2007,
Homosexuality, sodomy and adultery is banned by the christian church and being gay and an adulterer is generally considered to be wrong in most societies.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
from studies, the Church does not discriminate against homosexuals. the Church, however, opposes homosexual acts and making fun of homosexuals

and yes, the Church discourages sex before marriage because sexual intercourse is a privilege to those in the context of marriage. they consider it a selfish act if not within the context of marriage and done for the reason of procreation, which means condoms, sodomy, etc is highly discouraged
I see no sign of fortress.
Women repressing sexuality is due to the early Catholic Church and similar early religions...
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Quote by guylee
why thank you. i do try...

you really have no idea when to quit, do you? when someone with as much respect as The Madcap has completely owns you like that, you SHUT UP.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Abstinence-only classes fail to inform adolescents about condoms, and when the yengae in pre-marital sex, girls end up being pregant, STD's are passed on easier and their lives are destroyed at the tender age of x-teen.

Talk about this, and the view of pre-marital sex, sodomy (homo and hetero sexual alike) adultery, use of contraceptives and fornication.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
[randomfacts]pre-christianity sex was nowhere even close to as taboo as it is today, (or was 200 years ago)...before that time religion was basically going to a temple, having sex with a priestess, and coming closer to god through that experience.

the thing that i find ironic is that when the 10 commandments were written everyone was married at a ridiculously young age... the whole "thou shalt not commit adultery" thing could really be translated into a modern sense as "thou shalt not cheat on thine wife" rather than "thou shalt not have sex before marriage" [/randomfacts]

hope that helps.
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
Quote by Phorgot
from studies, the Church does not discriminate against homosexuals. the Church, however, opposes homosexual acts and making fun of homosexuals

and yes, the Church discourages sex before marriage because sexual intercourse is a privilege to those in the context of marriage. they consider it a selfish act if not within the context of marriage and done for the reason of procreation, which means condoms, sodomy, etc is highly discouraged

That in itself is why Christianity has the stigma of discouraging homosexuality; since, according to Christianity, marriage is defined as between a man and a woman, and people should not have sex unless they're married, homosexual intercourse is never allowed, since the men or women engaging in the sex acts could not, by Christian definition, be married.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Shredder Guitar
you really have no idea when to quit, do you? when someone with as much respect as The Madcap has completely owns you like that, you SHUT UP.

well i don't respect him.... i've never met him and don't know who he is... so i will keep talking. actually i won't because i have better things to do than argue with someone on the internet
I suggest to talk about the logic behind many of the more mainstream religion's views on sexuality.

Compare the logic of LaVeyan Satanist's views on sexuality (indulgence) to that of a Hare Krishna (No sex unless you are married and trying to have children).

If you mean sexual preference, then I suppose the same would be done.

The thing is, if you read my first post, there are tons of religions. I suggest narrowing your criteria to something such as Abrahamic religions, or pick 3 or 4 of the most popular religions on earth.

Also, try not to show any bias when talking about what you find logical or illogical in each religion's views.
Bring up the idea that lesbians and gays are codemned and labeled only capable of "sexual relationship"

Also put into play the idea of unprotected sex as well, causing more "accidents"
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by guylee
well i don't respect him.... i've never met him and don't know who he is... so i will keep talking. actually i won't because [size="5=i have better things to do than argue with someone on the internet[/size"]

Limiting yourself to only posting on a forum is so much cooler.
Quote by The Madcap
Because there is only one church on earth...

That's still a religion effecting sexuality.

The girl in the red one looks like a zombie.
Quote by guylee
well i don't respect him.... i've never met him and don't know who he is... so i will keep talking. actually i won't because i have better things to do than argue with someone on the internet

I'm really not arguing, you ungrateful bastard. I told you that you should actually listen to people. Madcap was completely right.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
I edited my first post, as you can now see im doing it on Christianity only. THanks for everything so far. Keep em' coming!
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
The effect of Christian churches on human sexuality is literally one of the most approximately singular effects of any institution in human history.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
^what do you mean? haha
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Try to incorporate the celibacy of clergy. It emphasizes purity in the name of God, but also suppressing the biological need for reproduction
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Try to incorporate the celibacy of clergy. It emphasizes purity in the name of God, but also suppressing the biological need for reproduction

And results in a lot of little boys having sore butts.

Tbh, there's not much to be said about the whole subject - while Christianity's purposes and aims with sexuality are not necessarily bad, their approach to it is very detrimental. Mis- and disinformation, cover-ups, demonising and illegalising certain sexual practices and position (not to mention contraception), spreading ignorance....

I mean, if you want people to save it for marriage, that's cool, but forcing them do and making them ashamed of their bodies and their instrincts?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Much of Christian (and of course it's not explicitly, theologically, "Christian", it's conservative-cultural in general) practice/doctrine around sex is something between saying we can only eat bread and water forever, and even at that we should feel guilty, and saying we can only play C major chords - and once we've picked an instrument we can only play that one, forever, and we can't try-before-we-buy - and women only get to play roots.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"