Page 1 of 2
From what i think Agnostic is unreligous and respects others relgions and just goes with the flow and Athesit is just unreligous. Am i right?
Atheists dont believe in god. Agnostics believe that it is POSSIBLE that there is no god. Next time use wikipedia
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
very very very basically, agnostics believe there is a higher power but they don't really know what it is, atheists think there is no higher power at all.
dude i checked wikipedia lol i just wish it would say it simpler thats why i ask the pit
Thanks guys, I was wondering exactly what the TS asked.

Woot, I'm Agnostic.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Atheist is the belief there is no God or higher power. Agnostics doubt the existence of a god.

Atheism is a religion.
I see no sign of fortress.
Agnostics believe that it is impossible to determine whether or not God exists.
Quote by green room
im 99% there is a god. am i agnostic?

yes, any doubt in god constitutes Agnosticism
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Isn't an Agnostic an Atheist without balls?

-Stephen Colbert
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
i thought agnostic means you dont beileve in god no matter how much proof there is and atheist's are not convinced till they see proof?
Atheists know how to use the search bar.

Also, they don't make as many threads on impossible topics for the Pit.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by green room
okay and is antichrist a religion? and why would people practice it?

I don't know that "antichrist" is actually a religion. If it was, it would have almost no serious followers because it doesn't really mean anything to just worship the opposite of another religion and to say that evil is actually good. Satanism is an actual religion, this could possibly be what you were thinking? But satanism is completely unrelated to christianity, contrary to popular belief.

As far as I've thought, agnosticism is "I don't think there's a god" and atheism is "there is no god." I guess if I had to choose I'd say I'm atheist, I do not believe in god.
Quote by Phorgot
Atheist is the belief there is no God or higher power. Agnostics doubt the existence of a god.

Atheism is a religion.

Atheism is not a religion because it is not based on a belief. It the denial of beliefs.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by Phorgot
Atheism is a religion.

No it isn't.

And there's a religion thread. It's stickied right at the top of The Pit. Try it next time.

BTW, agnosticism means that the question of whether God exists or not is beyond our knowledge.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
No it isn't.

And there's a religion thread. It's stickied right at the top of The Pit. Try it next time.

BTW, agnosticism means that the question of whether God exists or not is beyond our knowledge.
Man speaks the truth.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Well, Agnostics can also be people who believe in a God, but not in organized religion.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I believe in god.
I don't belive in religion.
I have balls.
I know SteVen Colbert.
He has no balls.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Last edited by Jackal58 at Nov 21, 2007,
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Well, Agnostics can also be people who believe in a God, but not in organized religion.
No.
Quote by Meths
Quote by HaKattack
Atheists are much more pretentious about their beliefs.
Hardly. There are plenty of arrogant atheists, myself included, some of which are specifically assholish about their atheological beliefs and some who aren't. But there are a whole lot of self-described "agnostics" (most, hardly in the Huxlian sense) who think they're brilliant for believing whatever it is they profess to believe.
Quote by Meths
Quote by jammoe
No.

Yes.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by macmancometh
Yeah, Atheists are sure there is no God. Agnostics basically say "we don't know".

Don't they basically say "we don't know and we don't care"? That's what I thought it was, I could be wrong though. Like atheists believe there is no higher power, Agnostics doubt a higher power and don't really care whether or not there is one as it doesn't really affect their lives.
Agnostics are unsure.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by jammoe
Hardly. There are plenty of arrogant atheists, myself included, some of which are specifically assholish about their atheological beliefs and some who aren't. But there are a whole lot of self-described "agnostics" (most, hardly in the Huxlian sense) who think they're brilliant for believing whatever it is they profess to believe.

Just a joke, playa.

You just don't often see asshole agnostics arguing on CNN or something similar.
<Han> I love Hitler

I saw this the other day, it seems appropriate.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by macmancometh
Yeah, Atheists are sure there is no God. Agnostics basically say "we don't know".

Correct.
Looking for my India/Django.
Agnostics don't particularly just say they don't know, its usually backed by a "we're not supposed to know" or an "it's not possible to know."
And Atheism isn't always a denial of God's existence. It's just the lack of religious beliefs. This may or may not entail a denial of God. In many cases (such as mine) it's just the complete lack of beliefs, not an explicit denial.
Quote by Phorgot

Atheism is a religion.

No.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

I'm Christian, but I have a hard time to believe in God. I pray and all that, I just sometimes question if he's really there. So, I guess i'm somewhat Agnostic, and a Christian...
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Agnostics don't pretend to know for certain whether there is or is not a god, and they generally seem not to care. Atheists rule out the existence of any higher power.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I'm Christian, but I have a hard time to believe in God. I pray and all that, I just sometimes question if he's really there. So, I guess i'm somewhat Agnostic, and a Christian...

Then you may not be a Christian. If you're doubtful enough, think about it and see what you feel to be true. Most of us are told from birth how to believe, based on surroundings or how adults around us believe. You'd be surprised what you come with agreeing with if you put your original religion aside for awhile and figure it out.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
Quote by The__Chill
Atheists dont believe in god. Agnostics believe that it is POSSIBLE that there is no god. Next time use wikipedia

Wikipedia is usually an unreliable source of information because the people who edit it are the sort of people who put what THEY think is right as facts and then shout "Next time use wikipedia" whenever someone asks a question

although you are right
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Okay, I always thought I was agnostic, but reading this thread im not so sure.

I beleive there is a higher thing (which I guess could be seen as me beleiving in a god) but I dont beleive in any of the many religions. So what would that be?
Quote by Hakanku
Okay, I always thought I was agnostic, but reading this thread im not so sure.

I beleive there is a higher thing (which I guess could be seen as me beleiving in a god) but I dont beleive in any of the many religions. So what would that be?

You're nothing. Who cares about labels. As far as I know, you're just areligious. Which spellcheck tells me is not a word (interestingly enough neither is "spellcheck").

Agnostic means you believe we don't know (possibly we can't) know if there is a god. Atheist means you believe there is no god. If you believe there is a god but aren't sure which religion if any is right for you, then you're neither religious nor any of the above.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
An Agnostic is someone that doesn't believe in a higher power, simply because there is no solid proof.
An Atheist is someone that doesn't believe in a higher power.
Quote by soccermom
HELL YES!

tis some pretty intresting, I have nearly read (masturbated) to all the articles on Wiki.

Page 1 of 2