do you mean like treble or bass cleff? or do you mean in my eq? if the last one, i don't use just one.
both which do u make more domminate the bass or the treble tone do u use yr bridge pick ups more perhaps and do u turn down yr lows? i think most pple like to use more treble cuz its more distinctive sounding i notice tho if u use more lows u get a way smoother and nicer sound which compliments the rythem better
Quote by natedapunk
both which do u make more domminate the bass or the treble tone do u use yr bridge pick ups more perhaps and do u turn down yr lows? i think most pple like to use more treble cuz its more distinctive sounding i notice tho if u use more lows u get a way smoother and nicer sound which compliments the rythem better

I'm not saying this to be rude, but please use punctuation and don't abreviate so many words. It's difficult to read.

In response to your question, bands with a rhythm guitarist during solos tend to have lots of treble to cut through the sound of the other instruments. Bands without rhythm guitarists tend to use a little bit more bass and lots of mids as well to fill out the sound.
Quote by natedapunk
which sound do you like better for your leads?

do you mean bass or lead pickups? like neck and bridge? if thats what you mean, i usually use the neck pickup. it doesnt sound as thin and i like to have a phat, round tone for solos. sometimes ill use the bridge though depending on what im doing.
Quote by natedapunk

oh i didnt see this post. well like i said i use the neck pickup mostly and my amp settings are bass -10 mid -6 and high -8/9 and my tone on my guitar is all the way most of the time. sometimes i turn it all the way down or at like 1 for that woman tone.
dude its all about the bridge pickup. cuts through. then maybe scoop mids with an EQ. im not into that dark low grunge. im more "Hey this is what im playing" in your face bright tone.
If its not fender than whatever]
I like to use more mids than anything else during my solos, mainly due to our lack of a rhythm guitarist.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
i dunno i know treble cuts more througher but it has a way smoother feeling when its more bass i dunno i noticed this my accident sounds really good for licks just ment to compliment the rythem
Yer grammars sucks balls.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
If you mean pickup wise, I ALWAYS use my neck pickup except in one of my bands songs which I use the bridge one.

If you mean tone wise, its w/e the song calls for. I use different sounds for every song pretty much.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

For leads definitely treble, but with more mids than treble.

I think it cuts through much better. If you mean pickup, neck usually, unless I playing really overdriven stuff.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
^ same here, sometimes its a the neck pickup, sometimes its the bridge pickup and i got all sorts of phase switches on my guitar so i can get tons of different sounds. too often though i run through so much distortion you can't really tell, but the tone is usually different on almost all my stuff.