i play everyday for about minimum of half an hour, how do i know when to change my strings on my acoustic guitar? i hate waiting till they split.
change them when they stop sounding good. I probably change mine once a month unless I'm gonna be doing alot of recording or gigging, then I change them more often.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I played my acoustic for a 8months before changing strings. Change it when the strings start to sound dull and get out of tune often
I think theyre supposed to last around 30hrs of play, so 2 months for you.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Agree with others. If you are playing 0.5 hr/day, they'll start sounding dull 1 mo-1-1/2 mo. Get Elixer's and they'll sound brite a lot longer although they are pricey ($13+ set). I'm lazy so I pay for the quality so I spend more time playing and less time changing strings.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! If you can afford guitars, amps, etc., you have a lot to be thankful for!
Like said, every month or two.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...