I'm italian, so sorry for my english. I'm goin' to buy an amp to use it for practice and olso playing live, i have a trash\death metal band so i need i massive distortion. I have a budget of about 350€. What do you suggest me? I've seen 2 amps that i like to take but i need an advice, the first is a laney lv300 new from shop, and the second is a line6 spiderIII 150w used. Same price but very different amps. I'd like to take something with tubes but they are very expensive for me... So if you are experienced on this type of things please save me. I really don't know... Thanks for the attention
The LV300 is one of the better SS metal amps out there right now. Not as good as Randalls, but not bad. Avoid the Spider at all costs. Other good options in this pricerange are the Roland Cube series and the Vox ADVT XL series. Or save up for a tube amp.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Uranutan
It's called thrash, not trash.

Yeah.

You're gonna be hard pressed to find anything decent for that money. Consider getting a used Peavey 5150/6505, but you're gonna need to save up some more.
Can you get a Laney GH50L for that much? If not, Roland Cube.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
thanks for replies. I think i will take the laney, but is good for playing live? I read that uses tubes only on overdrive channels, anybody can confirm it?
save up and get a engl screamer combo!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Remember that the Laney I just mentioned is not the one you found...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
ur english is prety good imo..and i can only say one thing about spiders...NO!!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Would a Randall100 rg sound good with an ibanez rg?
Maybe it's not on top of the charts, but we're still standing strong. So we'll be here forever. United and hard we stand.
- Dimebag

If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer.
Quote by norflesh
I have a budget of about 350€.
That's $512 American. Although I never played one, the Laney's probably your best bet. If you were in the US, I'd also suggest an all-tube Peavey ValveKing 112 and a dirt pedal (which would kick a Spider's ass, tone-wise), but think they're like way expensive over there, even with the weak dollar.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Dec 1, 2007,
used Ampeg VH-140C
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!