i have a squier strat. and i was wondering what type of humbuckers you can fit in a strat.

sorry im still a noob when it come to maintenance
If it's an HSS strat then just take your pick. There are lots of choices.

If it's an SSS strat, then you are limited to choices like the Duncan Hot Rails and similar pickups.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
im sorry... HHS? SSS? all i know how to do is play the thing im not up on all this and i should be..

all i kow is i paid about $230 for it, it says squier fender stratocaster standard series.

i was looking to get the SH-6 seymour duncan distortion humbucker.
and then then a new pickguard.

here is a picture of my strat

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2535/stratms9.jpg
Yeah you're not gonna be able to fit a normal humbucker in there unless you take it to a professional and pay a bunch of money to have them cut the proper holes.

Look into something like this.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I think all strats have a routing for a humbucker in the bridge pos, but you might have to cut the pickguard a bit, and I am pretty sure al humbuckers are the same size except gibson mini humbuckers and "f spaced" humbuckers
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Last edited by EVH92 at Nov 22, 2007,
I have a squire standard and under the pickguard its routed as a universal. Its just as big empty rectangle space. You can put humbuckers in without routing the body or anything. Just have to watch as the standard long screws that come with humbuckers are to long, just need to cut em down a little. And I know you can get a premade pickguard from warmoth to whatever specks you want. And stewmac has 2 humbucker pickguards for strats. Just gotta watch the screw holes that hold em down as there are 3 different spacings. The stacked style and rails humbuckers made to fit in single coil space dont have the uumph a humbucker does.
My squier is HsH routed, and its SSS, or was til i put 2 Hums in there
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
Im pretty sure on a quality strat, you can't put a humbucker in there, unless you have a proffesional do it for you, which costs a lot of money, strats have the pickguard wired with the pickups, so you cant really move them.
He did say it was a squire so not a high dollar unit. Its probably the same as mine and I just put a different pickguard on it with 2 humbuckers. Well made one its a lefty. It has a quick connector on it so I can put the original pickguard with S-S-S back in if I want real easy. The routing in the body was already there for humbuckers. The cavity is a bit shallow for the longer screws that come with humbuckers. But a little bit of a hole in the body where the screw goes fixes that. I have seen several places that have pickguards for strats with the 2 humbuckers holes.
^yep.

most of the strats (squier included) have plenty of room under the pickguard, so that if you want to swap the bridge out for a humbucker, all you would need to do is also swap out the pickguard.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thank you all, i already knew i have to get a new pickguard. i am def. going to get the sh-6 humbucker now!
before you order the pup, do yourself a favor and peak under the guard and make sure ur strat has room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011