Okay guys, my english teacher is a b!tch cause she can't admit that sometimes i'm right and she's wrong and now she's picking on me. Isn't 'Untraditional' and antonym for the word 'Traditional'? I argued with that bit*h for about 15 minutes, until i was like ''Oh god, i can't be assed to argue with you.''. Anyways...she put me a C for that...and that's why i really wanna find out...is it an existing word or not?

Cheers in advance

Tan
Yes.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
personally i think "unconventional" and "unorthodox" flows better
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
It sounds ludicrous enough to be english, hell its are the most awkward language what ever dids exists aint it?
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

I had a similar argument involving the word ropeless.

Apparently, English has an adjective for when you're out of rope.

Hurrah.

EDIT: Don't people traditionally use "non-traditional" as traditional's antonym?
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Last edited by Kutanmoogle at Nov 22, 2007,
Print that page out from the dictionary and then wipe her ass with it.

Then tell her she's wrong.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
bet her one sandwich that you're right, then wip that out.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'd normally say "non-traditional", but untraditional is a word, yes.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
It's one of those shitty words that really is wrong, but nobody has a good reason why and everyone uses it anyway so it gets stuck in the dictionary.

It shouldn't really be right, 'nontraditional' is the proper word.
It sounds like an American word to me.

I would use 'non-traditional' in that situation.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I would say nontraditional;as far as I know "untraditional" isn't a word...

EDIT: Wether it's technicaly wrong or not, I think Meths has a fairly accurate appraisal of the situation going on: Just use nontraditional, it sounds less stupid.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Last edited by meh! at Nov 22, 2007,