.48-.72
25 13%
.72-1.00
60 30%
1.00-1.50
60 30%
1.50-2.00
15 8%
Heavier than that (why ever there would be a thing...)
20 10%
Voters: 197.
Page 1 of 2
I myself use around .36 .48, wherever in between but all the other guitarists I know use like uber thicks, and I cant alternate pick with them. Whadder you usin?
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Misleading Thread Title.
Even with Pick Size there.
Interested in Japan? Join the Club. PM me or Kurt-Corgan.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

Haha, that was an epic pic battle. you are a worthy opponent

dunlop jazz 3. about 3mm i'd think. ye it does matter. more string u move, the more sound, and probs better sound if you prefer to hear your pickups working hard
1.14mm
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i use 1mm or o.71 i beilive its cose you cant strum with them but still pick that what i find any way.
btw the dunlop stubbys are good too
I just use whatever the hell type of pick I can find. I probably have about 20-30 picks scattered in my room somewhere.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
3mm

Probably because I play bass.
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
The size has rubbed off on all my picks.

I only use one thickness- it's Dunlop, and it's yellow. It's the perfect size for tremolo chords, but thick enough to keep substance to the chords.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
1.5-2.0. Anywhere between there. I can't play with those thin picks. Can't do pinch harmonics, or tremolo picking with them, and they just suck.
Ive saw some kind of cool line of picks, like one is a double pick, one attatched atop the other and its supposed to make your guitar sound like a 12 string cause it gives you double picks each time, the other one was like a 3 sided pick and it had different gauges on all sides or something, they all looked kool as hell but i cant find them any where
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
i like using hard picks, but if i dont find one i can even use my credit card hahahaha
the green dunlop ones
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
I use .38 nylons for guitar and 1.14 (i think) for bass. I'm thinking about getting thicker picks for guitar, probably those jazz 3's I keep hearing about
Dunlop jazz 3...I dunno what mm they are though. I may be getting some black or green tortex this christmas, however too.

After playing with these things, I litterally can't play with any other pick haha
They're great man
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by magnum1117
i like using hard picks, but if i dont find one i can even use my credit card hahahaha

Your credit card?
You're 16.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Quote by rabidguitarist
The size has rubbed off on all my picks.

I only use one thickness- it's Dunlop, and it's yellow. It's the perfect size for tremolo chords, but thick enough to keep substance to the chords.

As do I; Tortex .73, I think it's called.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
.73 Dunlop Tortex

the yellow ones.

i like the green ones as well. those are .88
Last edited by daytripper75 at Nov 23, 2007,
When I'm strumming a lot throughout a whole song, I use 0.76mm nylons. For general playing, I use 2mm stubbies.
has someone just changed the title from 'pick size' to 'prick size'?

or was it allways like that?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

Haha I noticed that as well, maybe a typo?
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

It did say pick before, I think a mod's fiddled with it.
And I approve.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill

3mm Big Stubbies
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
i like them small enough for me to hold in my hand and strum. Usually some picks made in china.
Interested in Japan? Join the Club. PM me or Kurt-Corgan.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

Haha, that was an epic pic battle. you are a worthy opponent

The green Tortex ones, .88 i think? I like to use the uber-thin red tortex' ones aswell when strumming chords. I use 1.50 purple dunlop's when playing bass.
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
you called then "pricks" they are called picks.

on topic,

i used to use jim dunlop 2mm but now i use jim dunlop 3mm.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by rabidguitarist

I was thinking that as well

I use a Dunlop 1.00 which is apparently quite chunky but I think it's great for lead work
Quote by aleb
Haha I noticed that as well, maybe a typo?

its not a typo. he also used "pricks" in the poll.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
On average, I use an .88 Tortex, but I'll use any kind of pick without any trouble.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I normally use 1mm picks, but i don't mind if they are a bit thinner.
It's gonna be a blue day
I like them really really thick and rough-ish, for more attack. I do a lot of chugging and "regular" palm muting, so I can feel the difference in my playing when I don't have that mean edge.
We're only strays.
Page 1 of 2