Sorry about the repost from earlier, but I am trying to appeal to a wider audience now due to not many replies in my previous post
Was wondering if any of you could help. I went onto a site the other day and something popped up saying "instal this program onto your computer(recommended)" and gave me the options "yes" or "cancel", so I pressed cancel asuming it was a virus or something. Now, when I am on any website, including this one, it pops up every so often, maybe twice a minute, often more than this. Does anybody know how to stop this without restoring my computer to its factory settings?? I have also ran a virus scanner and nothing was found.
Any help is appreciated!!
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Have you ran an adware/spyware scan? Virus scans (in my experience) usually don't pick up spyware or adware. Also if you haven't already done it, get mozilla and the ad-blocker add on. I put off getting Firefox for 2 years and finally switched over yesterday. Will never go back!

Hopefully this helps. Oh yea, go to downloads.com if you want to find a good adware remover program.
Quote by brendan666
You have spyware/adware

I recommend installing and running Spybot: SD and Adaware SE; both of which are free and can be found on www.download.com

Good luck, and let the shwartz be with you.

So I definately should not download/instal what it is asking me to?
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
It'll most likely be Malware. So no.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass