I just got my first major upgrade, went from a crate GT1200H amp head to a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier 150W Tube Amp Head.
My cab is a Crate Cab G421SL with four speakers in it
On the back of the Crate Cab sticker it says
"Power Handling 120 Watts
Impedance 8 Ohms"
and has 2 plugin ports for speaker wire

The Mesa Boogie has a 16 Ohm Port, 2x 8 Ohm Ports and 2x 4 Ohm Ports
At the moment I only have one speaker cable (the one that came with the crate head) and I guess since it is only one cable it is only putting out a mono sound?

My question, since the Mesa is 150W, will that work with the cab apparently only able to hand 8 Ohms? And if it does, which plug would I use? (since the manual only mentions the use on a Mesa cab)
I plan on upgrading the speakers to Celestian with the help of my guitar teacher, but at the moment I just want to play the damn thing!

Any help is greatly appreciated
Just go from the 8ohm output of the Recto into the 8ohm input of the cab. The cab can handle 120watts which is fine as long as you dont dime every knob on the Recto. The Triple Recto isnt running at 150watts at all times...actually it never will unless you dime all the knobs pretty much, like I said earlier.
Don't use the cab with the Triple Rectifier, the amplifier is too powerful for the speaker cab, It is way too risky, you might blow out the speakers. The Ohm ratings are good, but you should wait to use this amp until you get a speaker cab that can tolerate higher wattages.

From my experience with tube amps, is you don't know how they rate the wattage, so you don't know when the amp is reaching 150 watts, wether its at the last point where there is virtually no distortion or wether there is full blown distortion.
the amp puts out 150w+ when it gets probably too loud for normal use anyway. it's not the best idea, but it's fine for a temporary solution.

ts, you might hate the sound of your amp running it through those speakers though. my mark sounds like ass through my crate cab.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Guitargod12345
Don't use the cab with the Triple Rectifier, the amplifier is too powerful for the speaker cab, It is way too risky, you might blow out the speakers.

I doubt it would hurt anything so long as he keeps it at a reasonable level. I wouldnt have a band practice or a gig or anything, but for the time being itll work for practicing at home.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Just go from the 8ohm output of the Recto into the 8ohm input of the cab. The cab can handle 120watts which is fine as long as you dont dime every knob on the Recto. The Triple Recto isnt running at 150watts at all times...actually it never will unless you dime all the knobs pretty much, like I said earlier.

Not necessarily true, its 150 watts RMS meaning its 150 watts before distortion, but after that you keep cranking out more and more watts. Some people have measured JCM800s up to 140 watts when everything is dimed
My Crate FXT65, an amp rated at 65 watts, had a peak power of 75 or so. That triple recto could push anywhere from 150-200watts when cranked. You don't really know, I just woudln't play with it loud at all until you can get some higher power handling speakers in it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
It's only pushing 150 watts when cranked fully, which you'll never do, so you're fine.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
well like everyone said, its a horrible idea, i work for a recto dealership, we had one recto tested the other day that actually hit above 200 watts on the red channel, so 1st you run a big risk of blowing that cab, and 2 its going to sound like muffled farts running through a fan. i would suggest trading in your crate cab for a used Marshall 1960-rated at 300, mesa standard rated at 300, or contact avatar about getting a affordible custom cab
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
well like everyone said, its a horrible idea, i work for a recto dealership, we had one recto tested the other day that actually hit above 200 watts on the red channel, so 1st you run a big risk of blowing that cab, and 2 its going to sound like muffled farts running through a fan. i would suggest trading in your crate cab for a used Marshall 1960-rated at 300, mesa standard rated at 300, or contact avatar about getting a affordible custom cab

4x12 with v30s = GREAT for a triple rec (helps tighten up the bass and eccentuate (sp) the mids - I like it a lot more than the 1960 cab and greenbacks sound horrific with a triple rec) I'm pretty sure you can have it delivered for less than $500
^^^ i switch off an on between my marshall and mesa cab with mine, i like marshalls because they really bring out the midrange and the speakers just break at the right time, but i also love mesa because they have so much bottom end and retain just enough midrange
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
^^^ i switch off an on between my marshall and mesa cab with mine, i like marshalls because they really bring out the midrange and the speakers just break at the right time, but i also love mesa because they have so much bottom end and retain just enough midrange

Idk I think greenbacks are better speakers all around, but v30s just sound best for high gain stuff in my opinion.
Most V30 loaded cab's are 280watts. I could never see the triple recto getting anywhere near that, so it should be safe.

If you're really tight on cash I suppose you could buy like an Eminince Legend for one of the speakers in your crate. They handle 120watts themselves.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio