As it says above i cant decide, i want to get one or the other at guitar center tommarro. im sort of leaning toward the Vox b/c i wont have to buy all the effects and pedals, but also i heard that the VJ has great tone. I play blues to classic rock to some heavy metal and i cant decide which one, Help
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
vox. VJ is good but youd spend a fortune on all the effects to get the sound you want.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
With the LP, youre gonna get a decent tone from the vox, but like you said, it comes with the effects. If you know FOR SURE you dont want to buy pedals, go with vox. other than that, the VJ has such a good tone, but if gonna have money for pedals in a couple months, get the VJ
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
It would be a little loud for bedroom practice, if you're trying to get the same kinda tone out of it at low volumes, but at a quiet level, your MG should do you fine.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
VJ. It is the better quality amp.
The effects arent too amazing on a vox, and you could always just buy more pedals anyway.