It celebrates how we brutally attacked and slayed the Native Americans after welcoming us with hospitality.

But really its about giving thanks for our country and the first meal the settlers ate in, lo and behold, my home state believe it or not.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Quote by MentalityBand
Because Americans are silly.
Look around, buddy. There's tons of threads like this.

Canadians do celebrate too ^_^
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
It's giving thanks that the Native Americans helped the EUROPEAN immigrants who didn't know **** about anything.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
Why Dont We Get It If It Was Held In The Uk Colonies?. Ffs

I dont think it was celebrated in the UK but I do know that the people who celebrated it were from the UK and of course thanksgiving is about beating down the indian(native american)
Quote by Gibsum 41
I wish my country would celebrate this...

why? it's a ****ty holiday.
even ****tier than easter.
Quote by Gibsum 41
I wish my country would celebrate this...

Its not that fun dude, literally all I did today was sleep late, eat a hugeass dinner, talk for 8 hours, play guitar for a while, and now I'm on the computer. Actually now that I think of it it was good day .
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
To white people, it's a day of family and giving thanks.

To a Native americans, it marks the beginning of the slaughter of their people and the thievery of their land.

To my asian family, it's a another excuse to come to my house and eat my food.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Dyers
I dont think it was celebrated in the UK but I do know that the people who celebrated it were from the UK and of course thanksgiving is about beating down the indian(native american)

Lol America should celebrate beating down the Muslims. Oppression deserves a national holiday.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
I just ate a grip of food. Turkey, ham, potatoes, pumpkin pie, apple pie, egg rolls, prime rib.... So goood....

I was nodding and smiling up until I read "egg rolls."

Then I rofled.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
I just ate a grip of food. Turkey, ham, potatoes, pumpkin pie, apple pie, egg rolls, prime rib.... So goood....

obesity is am american disease after all
Historically it's somewhat for the reasons described, but it wasn't actually instituted as a federal holiday until the civil war as a morale booster and now it's just an excuse to eat a lot of poultry and desserts and argue about politics with your extended family.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
why? it's a ****ty holiday.
even ****tier than easter.

Because people who celebrate it get to miss school for a week.
I like Octoberfest better. But wtf. A day off work is a day off work.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.