Hey...Im thinking about buying a double locking floyd rose for my Dean Vendetta. Does anyone know how much it would cost to install, preferably at guitar center? Also, the guy who I asked said that it might screw with the tone. Do you think I should get a floyd rose or a digitech whammy pedal?
the whammy pedal is nothing like a floyd rose. the pedal just makes it 1 or 2 octaves higher or lower depending on the setting. i would get a floyd rose because i have a couple of guitars with the floyd and i just really love it. no idea how much it would cost at guitar center, i don't go there too often. i go to musicians friend.....way better.
im getting the digitech whammy for christmas, i personaly don't think a floyd rose is worth all the extra trouble. plus, the digitech whammy 1 comes with a bunch of extra features, such as downtuning, detuning, and octave features
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Both have their advantages and dis-advantages.

But it seems that a whammy can do almost all the things that a Floyd can do ithout any loss in tuning stability.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
You should just save your money and buy more important stuff.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Unless you're gonna incorporate a whammy bar into a lot of stuff you play, it's not really worth it.
You want to put a FR into a vendetta?

lol. for that money save and get a new guitar.

But yeah, the pedal. It will be usable on guitars that arent a vendetta in the future.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.