Killer melodic black metal from Sweden(No, not Sacramentum this time)

Vinterland

Thoughts?
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
yeah I have advertised Vinterland a couple of times in here

Welcome My Last Chapter is one of my favourite black metal albums, can't wait for the new material!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Dissection
Dawn
Sacramentum
Setherial
Vinterland

The 5 essential bands with this style.
Quote by Kepulix
yeah I have advertised Vinterland a couple of times in here

Welcome My Last Chapter is one of my favourite black metal albums, can't wait for the new material!

Not even 1 single bad track on this cd IMO.

Quote by Soul Vomitor
Dissection
Dawn
Sacramentum
Setherial
Vinterland

Haven't heard Setherial, gonna check them out
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Last edited by SorrowIsMe at Nov 23, 2007,
Quote by Soul Vomitor
Dissection
Dawn
Sacramentum
Setherial
Vinterland

No Emperor? No Burzum? No Mayhem?
Disclaimer :

Check sticky threads. Check the FAQ. And if you talk too much:Golden teaching
^I believe he is talking particularly about Swedish melodic black metal bands

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
This thread needs a bumperoo.

Excellent melodic black metal, a shame they only made the one album. I'm excited about new material, however. These guys definitely deserve more credit.

And is it just me, or does anyone else think that their name reminds of them of some sort of cheesy Scandinavian theme park?

they do sound quite like Far Away From The Sun era Sacramentum lol... good **** though... this is my type of BM XD

ah nice im really getting into it haha... totally gonna get this along with my old Sacramentum stuff ;D
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Feb 1, 2008,
me likey. Nice find, I haven't really heard of these guys heh =)
Last edited by shred745 at Feb 2, 2008,
I thought Vinterland would be in here.. I was just listening to Welcome My Last Chapter, it rapes Far Away From The Sun/Storm of The Light's Bane... much colder and much more powerful than these 2.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Ah, this thread lives again!

A Castle So Crystal Clear was stuck in my head for about a week a month back or so. Great stuff. Although nothing will beat Dissection when it comes to melodic black metal, in my opinion.
You know, I might've went overboard with my remark, heh... atm I'm listening to Soulreaper, it sounds just as good as Vinterland, vocally even better... Vinterland is still better than Sacramentum though
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
OMFG these guys are amazing!!! Are they still active?, i can't find any information
One of my favorite black metal releases... Welcome to my last chapter is so atmospheric and depressing, I love it..

Glad to see others on this forum like them as well...

Absolutely cannot wait for the new material, I hope they pour themselves into it as they had done the last cd... incredible stuff.
Yeah, they are one of my favourite Swedish bands.
And to add 2 more essential Swedish Melodic Black Metal bands look up Blodsrit and Vinterkrig.
I've had Welcome My Last Chapter for a long time.

Great band, but it's a pity they don't have any other albums. Though The Black has two of VInterland's members (can't remember which) and have a new album out this year. Or maybe it's already out...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Welcome My Last Chapter is nothing short of amazing. That album is cold. Epic, melodic, and incredibly atmospheric - just about all I ask for in any black metal band. I've recently rediscovered it after a few months, and I have to say it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.