my band and i well be playing for the school in a few weeks and i wanted to know whats the best way to setup or amps, their volumes and positioned our selfs we also need to now if there is any other ways i could hook up a microphone without having to buy a PA system.any suggestions or links you guys can help me out with would be greatly apreciated.

we will be using, and are composed of:
drums
bass with 100Wsolid states amp
guitar, 30W hybird amp
guitar, 30w hybrid amp,vocals
not sure bout ur school but i kno alot of schools have PA microphone systems with monitors for assemblys and stuff, so depending on the size of the room and ur amps u will prolly have to mic the amps. now the only prob i see here if u mic the amps is that u wont be able to hear the drummer unless u have mics for drumsets (not 100% sure bout drums cause when we played shows the sound guy did all that stuff lol). i would go to the principal or whoever and ask him if u can see the PA and sound equipment and scope out everything b4 hand. hope this helped. good luck and rock on!!!
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
my school has a PA for bands, and speeches maybe yours does too?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
nah they said they will only provided us with one microphone, so il be singing in that one, the amps and the drums have to do all the talking without the mic, so im wondering whats the best way to position ourselves for the show
My school doesn't have a PA, and I wouldn't plan that yours does, just in case.
Just set up with the amp to the side of each person and the drums behind all the amps.
Wait, so you have 4 people who need amps and 3 amps?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Your gunna want drums in the back, a guitar amp on one side, the bass on the same side, and the other guitar amp on the other side. since one of your guitarists sings his amp should be with the bassists. Really it's not a huge deal as long as everything is more or less balanced, and stage movement plays a much larger role than the sound when setting this up. If one guitar player moves more than the other, he gets the one side to himself. If the bass player moves a lot, give him a long cable, but don't put both guitars on one side.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
My school doesn't have a PA, and I wouldn't plan that yours does, just in case.
Just set up with the amp to the side of each person and the drums behind all the amps.
Wait, so you have 4 people who need amps and 3 amps?

singer?
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
well if ur school doesnt have a PA system except for ur vocal mic, then i would say make sure that u have a very good sound check. each of u play ur instrument as the rest of u stand in the very back of the room and get a good volume on all the amps and vocals then if that volume u reached in soundcheck doesnt over power the drums (dont think it will) ur good to go, now if that volume is louder that the drums then i honestly dont know what to tell ya sorry. if at all possible try to get like 2-3 mics with stands to place around the drumset like one at the cymbals one at the bass drum and one kind of around the toms and snare area.
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)