Okay first time i'm making a thread in here, I did read through all the FAQ's and tried to search around at the tips so if there's already a thread on this just say so and i'll delete this.

Aright now for the question my current recording setup (yeah I know complete noob setup but I just started) is a small computer mic which I put up to the amp and an Audacity program which I downloaded. It's worked alright so far and i've tried to set the program as you guys said. However I notice all my recording are really quite and hard to hear. Anytime they are replayed I have to turn up the volume.

Is this the program or the mic or both causing the loss in volume? I know GC is having a sale tomorrow and i'm considering investing in a mic something like an SM57, would that help make the recordings better?

Also any way I could hook up a mic like that to my computer and use it with audacity or would I need other stuff as well?

-Zp4
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I suggest an interface and sm57 mic but your setup will work.

After you record, select the track and click amplify.
The amount is normally set by the program so hit ok after the box pops up.

If you haven't already, download the FX pack from the Audacity site which will give you the "Dyson compressor" in the audacity effects menu.
Apply the compression and you should have a nice song thats easy to hear.

Quality won't be good but it will work.
An interface and mic setup will be very good and be well worth the cost.
Alright thanks a lot i'll check those out. How much would an interface run me?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
about $130 for the low end toneport UX series but I suggest the Mackie Onyx Satellite over it at $180ish as others have said its a better choice and worth the extra money.
being a firewire interface you'll need to get a firewire port installed on your PC if you don't have one already.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 23, 2007,