Page 1 of 2
Well at a local dance all they play is RAP RAP RAP. When they try and play a slow song they butcher it cause they got the bass way up. They played one good song... BYOB system of a down. There was a select group of people that like it (me being one). There gonna be another and i want to suggest that we get a different DJ and play more rock songs. Im not saying all rock but 50/50. Theres lots of rock songs that you can dance to and have fun... Does any1 else have this problem? Any suggestions?
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Well its a DANCE. God help us if they dont play DANCE music..
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
grind on the honies

edit: is the how you spell "honies"
honies
honeys
honnies
goddamnit I don't know
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I HATE BYOB!!!
jk...

I've heard most dances at my school are like this, that's why I don't go.
well that and my gf broke up with me like 4 days before it anyway.
I just go for the poon. As I think every other man does...
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Most people love music, but a lot of them just view it as mindless entertainment, and mainstream rap music is popular because of this. Just gotta deal with it... Rock songs are'nt really fun to dance to anyway. They need to play more techno if anything at school dances.
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']Any suggestions?

stop going to dances if you don't like hearing music that's easy to dance to.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Man, I know what you mean, but this year my school has a kick ass student body president and he's doing a 'Return of Rock' dance with ONLY rock music, from funk to death metal, it's gonna be ****ing sweet. All the little gr. 8ers are going to be trying to grind to Dream Theatre, it'll be hilarious!
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
dances...... SUCK! if you kids are seriously going to dances JUST to get laid... you kids need to crack up on your game. my girlfriend loves to dance and listens to all that garbage **** called rap, she goes to the dances and I don't. she doesn't really complain because... i am a punk kid.... and it's kind of self-explainatory why I don't want to go. I don't go to any of her basketball games or anything. People call me a horrible boyfriend n **** but.... i still get tang
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Mav-16
dances...... SUCK! if you kids are seriously going to dances JUST to get laid... you kids need to crack up on your game. my girlfriend loves to dance and listens to all that garbage **** called rap, she goes to the dances and I don't. she doesn't really complain because... i am a punk kid.... and it's kind of self-explainatory why I don't want to go. I don't go to any of her basketball games or anything. People call me a horrible boyfriend n **** but.... i still get tang

Tang, tang tang tang tang tang. What a lovely orangy drink that compliments breakfast to an extrodinary degree. Kudos to you good sir on your tang getting.

I agree with the topic title

Vanilla frosting
Listening to crappy SOAD songs would be just as annoying, if not worse..
Yeah their right rock isnt the music to dance to but they should at throw out a bigger variety you know like Funk in there somewhere... most clubs these days ONLY play whats "HOT" at the moment, But I'd love to here an old Outcast song in da club one day

but peopljust dont give a D@mn
^ Actually yes I did, and it was hilarious. My school dances are awesome, there's lots of old rock n roll and cool techno.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Eh. Instead of complaining about it, just make the best out of it. I like to consider myself (lulz) as a metalhead, and when I want to some dance at my school they just played rap (if you can even call it that) apart from Journey. But, it was a pretty awesome time once I just decided to have fun instead of complain about the music.
Dances/clubs lay music to dance to. I love rock but I'd only injure people if I tried dancing to Slayer.
BYOB?

God help those poor souls who would of dance to that song.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
If they played metal at a dance at my school it would soon turn into mosh pits and angry gangsters.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Eagles Of Death Metal!!! You can dance to them.
They play it because it's easy to dance to. It's a dance. That's the point.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Sucks when everyone else has better music taste than you, don't it?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Sucks when everyone else has better music taste than you, don't it?

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
The only rock thats good for a dance is old classic and 80's powerballads for slow dances.

There's a reason half the rap songs you've heard are about grinding, because thats what their for...Providing the perfect music to **** some chick in the ass through cloth's on the dance floor.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
ahhh slow songs, that brings back good memories from my formal (which was on monday) where my dates soft womenly body was pressed against mine, her breast touching my masculine chest.

all while i was getting way too f*cking horny
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Taylz24
ahhh slow songs, that brings back good memories from my formal (which was on monday) where my dates soft womenly body was pressed against mine, his breast touching my masculine chest.

all while i was getting way too f*cking horny

Fixed
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Fixed

bastard

she is actually very hot (H)
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Taylz24
bastard

she is actually very hot (H)

I couldn't resist, I thought you were building up to a subtle joke like that!

Hot eh?

pics?

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

I couldn't resist, I thought you were building up to a subtle joke like that!

Hot eh?

pics?

she's 16, im not sure you'd find her so attractive unless you are also around my age...are you?
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
'Fraid not, but I won't know 'til I see!

Kidding, kidding!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
'Fraid not, but I won't know 'til I see!

Kidding, kidding!

2 more years!!!

then she'll be 18
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
16 is legal game in my country
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
16 is legal game in my country

oh, so it's the same as here, I thought you were from America, sorry :P
I just assume the majority of people here are.
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
UK born and bred mate!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Last edited by FrenchyFungus at Nov 23, 2007,
Quote by Mav-16

Oooooh non conformist R3bel!!

But seriously Bring a headset crank it up and just dance with girls. The only Rock/pop rock songs my school plays, are during slow dances. Like...Kryptonite, I actually dont even remember so oh well.
Quote by 16kramer05
Man, I know what you mean, but this year my school has a kick ass student body president and he's doing a 'Return of Rock' dance with ONLY rock music, from funk to death metal, it's gonna be ****ing sweet. All the little gr. 8ers are going to be trying to grind to Dream Theatre, it'll be hilarious!

Yes, truly a comical sight.
The only advice I can give you is that if you don't like the music, then don't go. Just stay at home, and listen to your music there. I'm not a big fan of rap/hip-hop/reggaeton either, but when I go to a dance, I actually dance. It's not about listening to the music. It's about dancing, and I don't think you can dance to System of a Down, Slayer, etc. (Moshing =/= dancing) Just have some friends over, listen to some records, and quit bitching.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
Page 1 of 2