I play a lot of music. The band i'm in now is strictly thrash metal. We are heavily influenced by slayer and old metallica, but with a little Dimmu borgir synth thrown in there. I also got offered the guitar slot in a Indie rock band that is heavily influenced by New Found Glory and Senses Fail and want to do that as well. So i need a new guitar as the 300 dollar ibanez isn't cutting it anymore. I got a new job and have 1200 dollars to spend on a new guitar and i was going to get the ESP LTD JH-600 for 950 usd, but then I was looking at the ESP LTD MH-400 and was considering getting that and purchasing another guitar to use to get the indie rock sound. The MH-400 i can get for 300 dollars if i trade in my guitar and an old PA i found lying around the house. I was thinking about doing that and picking up an Epiphone Les Paul for the indie rock band. I have a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL half stack which can get both ends of the spectrum. Any help about these guitars or other suggestions would be awesome.
i'm not a fan of gibsons. but i think those guitars would do the genres you're playing very well.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I need a floyd rose for the songs i have written for the thrash band. thats why i was looking at those specific ESP's. as for the indie rock band i just want something that plays smoothly and has better cleans i.e. no EMG's. i would probably do a pup swap on the guitar for the indie rock band.
Get the ESP LTD MH-400, neck thru, emg 81 85 and a floyd, i considered getting it but i think its a bit ugly but thats your decision and playablility is more important. keep playing in the metal band if you need to make a choice between bands. also, the epi les paul isnt that great of a guitar, id shop around.
The debate with me is whether to get the JH-600 or the MH-400+ a guitar to play in that indie rock band. and what other guitars would be good for indie rock other than a Epiphone or Gibson?
how about some schecters? most of their stuff has T-O-M bridges, but they have a few floyds that might do pretty well.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I suggest you try the ESP LTD EC-1000 with the sunburst finish. This one has SD pickups. Very nice guitars, check them out.
WTLTL 2011
I've played the EC-1000 but for the metal guitar i want a Floyd Rose Trem system. Also any other guitars than the Epiphone Les Pauls that would be great for indie rock?
i would think pretty much any tele/strat or sg/les paul or maybe even es-335 would work for an indie rock band.
and yeah the ec 1000 i a great choice for the thrash
k. But i need a trem system for the stuff i already have written. I'm debating between the JH-600 or getting the MH-400+another guitar for the indie rock band.
I'd go for a Prestige RG. The one that I got 3 years ago has got me through high school and community jazz gigs, a reggae project I was involved with, and when I jam metal with my friends on the weekends. Serious tones coming out of that axe.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Customize your own Carvin.

www.carvin.com

By far the best bang for your buck
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by david1991
Get the ESP LTD MH-400, neck thru, emg 81 85 and a floyd, i considered getting it but i think its a bit ugly but thats your decision and playablility is more important. keep playing in the metal band if you need to make a choice between bands. also, the epi les paul isnt that great of a guitar, id shop around.

That just made you seem like more of a dumbass.
if hes playing in an indie band additionally, he wont want emg's and a floyd rose.
and there are many epi LP's that are better than ltd 400's
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Body style?
Body wood preference?
Floyd?
Neck preference (Bolt-on, set neck, neck-through)?
Preferred brands?
Neck model preference? (Ibanez Wizard II, Gibson "Baseball" necks, etc.)
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Ok. I have enough money for BOTH the MH-400 and the Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I'm debating getting both of those guitars or should i just get a really nice guitar for the thrash band i'm in.
Body style something simple. i.e. a les paul or rg style.
Body wood would be mahogony maple or alder
Floyd. Yes, i've said that a lot now
Anything but a bolt on neck
Esp, Jackson for metal, don't know enough about others for the indie rock tone
I prefer thinner necks, but i really like the Esp necks too
I would say maybe the Esp and a tele/epi dot for the indie band?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by Ippon
Even if he struck while the iron was hot and got 20% off from GC's Black Friday Sale ... if he did his homework/research quicker?

Sale or not, Guitar Center doesn't allow you to customize a guitar to your specifications. You're stuck with whatever they have on hand.