Page 1 of 2
Delete
Guitar:
Floyd Rose discovery series 3 (with speed loader bridge)
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Dean "stack in a box" headphone amp
Last edited by unforgiven_hope at Sep 7, 2017,
i don't know of any MP3 that's compatible with winamp. but i like ipods.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
my 4 yr old iriver 40gb pwns my new ipod sound wise. really crap sound but ipod has better menus and controls.
the player has nothing to do with the sound, its the files that you put into it...
Gear:
Gibson SG Faded Special
American Strat
Fender Bassman 100
Vox Wah
Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
DOD 250 Overdrive
Ernie Ball Volume

Band
As much as I hate to admit it, iPod is probably the way forward. I've given up all hope of my Phillips being any use any more.

If it has to be something else, maybe a Creative Zen?

Oh, and 40Gb of music at a high quality (And hence a large file size) could be filled pretty easily... My relatively small CD collection (100-150 CDs) took up about 8-10 Gb, methinks.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by denyinu247
the player has nothing to do with the sound, its the files that you put into it...

wrong.
Quote by FallenFlame332
You don't need 40 gb of music.

my zen is full. 30gb.
i am getting an 80gb ipod classic tomorrow, after refusing anything apple for years.
i hate myself
The new Zunes are pretty cool. You have a choice of 80, 8 or 4 GB. I just have an ol' fashioned Panasonic (SV-MP20V) mp3 player. It can only hold about 30 songs and I bought it almost three years ago but it's still going strong. It also has an IC recorder, which is pretty nifty.
"It doesn't matter 'cause my eyes are lying and they don't have emotion, don't wanna be social, can't take it when they hate me but I know there's nothing I can do."
Quote by kriscornella2@g
wrong.

Not entirely though. Just half wrong.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by mr wong
my zen is full. 30gb.
i am getting an 80gb ipod classic tomorrow, after refusing anything apple for years.
i hate myself

Don't hate yourself. iPods are great!
ipod.

and they don't break easily.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by bearded_monkey
Ipods break really easily

For that reason, I advise a Zen as they're durable

How so? Everyone that I know who has one (and that's a lot) haven't had any trouble.
60gb Creative Zen Micro.

I have a 30gb and it's almost full. Really damn good though!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Well iPods are a always a recommended choice.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by FallenFlame332
You don't need 40 gb of music.

Quote by denyinu247

Oh my why is The Pit full of people who talk abut things they don't know about.
Quote by mr wong

i hate myself

Listen to this guy:
Quote by HexenBexen
The new Zunes are pretty cool. You have a choice of 80, 8 or 4 GB.

Finally someone who talks sense- mr wrong- look up some reviews of the Zune 80 vs the iPod Classic- they wipe the floor with them.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by kidsilcon
Well iPods are a always a recommended choice.

Not on here though. UG is mainly filled with 360/Windows guys. A lot of biased ones, too.
Quote by Fishyesque
How so? Everyone that I know who has one (and that's a lot) haven't had any trouble.

Well pretty much everyone I know has had to have them brought back to the shop for one reason or another.

Maybe it's just everyone I know is really careless with theirs...I dunno
Quote by bearded_monkey
Well pretty much everyone I know has had to have them brought back to the shop for one reason or another.

Same with me, but I suppose I do have careless friends.

I just don't like Apple though.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by bearded_monkey

That's a big part of it.

Luckily, Apple has AMAZING customer service. Some guy had his Macbook Pro on the top of his car, and he drove off without it, came back and it had been ran over, and Apple replaced it on the spot.
Quote by denyinu247

Theres also the quality of the headphones

Im getting the 80gb iPod classic today....i like iPods, because they look pretty cool, the sound is pretty good, and they last

Well you might disagree with the last part, but my 4gb nano lasted 2 years and its still going. I ran out of memory and the battery only lasts like 3 hours now. Thats why i need a new one, otherwise i would recommend an iPod to anyone
Last edited by The Spoon at Nov 23, 2007,
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Same with me, but I suppose I do have careless friends.

I just don't like Apple though.

A lot of people don't. But they way I look at it, I'd much rather have a product that I can gush about. Apple gives that crave factor. And since they make their own hardware and software, everything works. (Of course sometimes there are faulty products, no one makes products with a 100 per cent success rate)
Their UI is top notch.
Yep, I suppose the 3 things that determine sound quality:
Headphones
The player itself
And the file itself.
Quote by Fishyesque
A lot of people don't. But they way I look at it, I'd much rather have a product that I can gush about. Apple gives that crave factor. And since they make their own hardware and software, everything works. (Of course sometimes there are faulty products, no one makes products with a 100 per cent success rate)
Their UI is top notch.

I try to not use so many major companies, and ones the size of Apple tend to scare me off. Also little problems which make me happy to stick to my Zen .
Quote by DigUpHerBones
I try to not use so many major companies, and ones the size of Apple tend to scare me off. Also little problems which make me happy to stick to my Zen .

I find it funny that you call Apple a major company. Just ya know.. compared to Microsoft.. (I know you weren't making that comparison, it was just the first one that popped into my head.)
Quote by DigUpHerBones

I assume you use Linux then?
Quote by Fishyesque
I assume you use Linux then?

With Microsoft, I know, but I only use it because it's what my dad got.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
With Microsoft, I know, but I only use it because it's what my dad got.

Yeah, I know what you mean. As much as I love Apple, I don't own a Mac (but use them frequently)
So at home I'm stuck with good ol emachines.
If you really don't want a iPod go with Creative Zen.

I'm getting an iPod Touch soon!

I'm such a tech-hoe for shame.
TWM

^best gaming and graphics site out.
Quote by JMXW
If you really don't want a iPod go with Creative Zen.

I'm getting an iPod Touch soon!

I'm such a tech-hoe for shame.

Yeah, the next best option would be a Creative.

Are you gonna jailbreak it? I'd recommend it.
Get something by Creative Zen thats what I have and it works really well, no problems at all.

And I wouldnt buy an iPod but thats just me.
Quote by Fishyesque
Not on here though. UG is mainly filled with 360/Windows guys. A lot of biased ones, too.

I know, personally I only dislike iPods because of all the bullsh'it that comes with it.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by kidsilcon
I know, personally I only dislike iPods because of all the bullsh'it that comes with it.

What do you mean by that?
i hate ipods and mp3 players.. sound quality sucks... skrew up all the time and you have to charge them... CD players RULE!!!!!
When my 20GB Zen finally gives in, I'm probably going to get a Zune. One question though, do they have to be bloody touchscreen!?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
i would go for an i pod... the menus pwn face and besides its a fkn i pod reliablity is like way up there. and you ccan hack it =]
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
Page 1 of 2