Instead of buying a new guitar, I'll just soup up my Epi LP. It's Left handed, flametop cherryburst. Can anyone make a few suggestions as to how to make it sound really good? It still has crap stock pickups and it has Grover tuning heads, and...uhhh...yeah....any advice on a guitar makeover is helpful, thanks
new pickups
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
I'd seriously advise a swap pf pickups - I'm currently in the process of saving up for a pair of Duncan Alcino pro II's. The grover tuners are solid, worth keeping them. juyst get rid of the epi-buckers (may be gibson designed, but through experience with mine, they're nothing compared to the real thing). What's your main style of music that ya play? No point in getting a pair of Dime-buckers for the blues or Country, is there...
( although I'd like to see it attempted now)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Would a change of pickups make that much of a difference, if he didnt change his amp?

Im looking to do the same thing really.
if u want some nice verstile cheap pickups id recommend the seymour duncan hot rodded pickup set for like 130 usd
alright, and do they come as a set, or individually sold? the seymour duncans that is. oh and I heard that strap locks are good too
yeah, les pauls fall to the floor a lot for tbe shape (well, in my case they do) so get straplocks and new pups.

have you considered a di marzio pickups too? check them, maybe a super dist/paf pro set might be of your like
what music do you play? if you play metal, i dont reccomend the alnico II pro, as they are not hot enough, but maybe a jb/59 will do well.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
What about the re-issued dirty finger bridge only. Was thinking about puting one in my epi but need to make an amp choice first. Practice amp pissin me off.